So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: So, what toys did you buy or get this week?

Post by Diabolical »

jjreason wrote:ESB 40th Dagobah Luke & Snowtrooper - very surprised to find them on the shelves honestly. The Dagobah Luke is like the old Vintage Collection Rebel Fleet Trooper - it makes you want Hasbro to start making more vintage style figures like last year's Tarkin & Snowspeeder Luke.
I saw one at work the other day. Not worth the $45, IMO.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The 2 pack? No I passed on that. This was actually that same Luke on a newly made vintage card just for him.
Attachments
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (244.26 KiB) Viewed 2059 times
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I've seen the 2-pack at Target a couple of times. I preordered it from Amazon, and, usually, pick up preordered figures if I see them in store and cancel the order. In this case, Amazon was a few bucks cheaper, so I'll wait.

I figured I needed the Luke anyway, and I'm a sucker for the new Yoda head.

Also, switching gears, got the Carbonized Stormtrooper in the mail yesterday. I've passed on all these carbonized figures because I think it's kind of a dumb gimmick and the paint is apparently shit. But in this case, it's a completely different color, so I wanted him.

Ninja Force Storm Shadow was also supposed to arrive yesterday, but Amazon fucked up. I've had orders that are deliverer by Amazon show up a day late (basically, it seems like if they miss your house or leave it on the truck when they bring something else to the door, Amazon is more concerned with not delaying other deliveries by even a minute and you're SOL until tomorrow), but it hasn't left the warehouse yet today so I'm assuming tomorrow at this point.

Yes, I know Hasbro gave him some snigtarded name like "Arctic Mission Storm Shadow," but it's the Ninia Force uniform, and, as someone who correctly prefers Tommy as a Joe, this one is a bigger deal to me than the inevitable mass retail rerelease in Cobra colors.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anarky wrote:Scorpomotherfuckingnok.

First time I've had him, even though he's one of my favorites. It's the wrong Prime, but I had to immediately stage his death from the comics.
20200829_182922.jpg
Optimus killed him by pinching his nip with one and and jerking him off with the other?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Ran wrote:
anarky wrote:Scorpomotherfuckingnok.

First time I've had him, even though he's one of my favorites. It's the wrong Prime, but I had to immediately stage his death from the comics.
20200829_182922.jpg
Optimus killed him by pinching his nip with one and and jerking him off with the other?
Obviously.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

If you want the truth, the alien human who was his head wasn't nearly as evil as Scorponok and made their shared mind far less monstrous. He negotiated a brief peace with the Autobots (that shattered when Bludgeon took over after his death) to fight Unicron. Unicron incinerated him and he died in Prime's arms.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I barely remember Scorponok from G1, and vaguely remember him being in Beast Wars. Had to do a little googling there to catch up.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

If anyone wants some surprisingly good Ninja Turtles figures, go to Five Below and get all 4 for $20.
My Five Below has a bunch of the ones from the 2012 show and they're pretty damn good. They don't look much like they do on the show. They actually remind me of updates of the classic TMNT figures.
Attachments
20200929_200032.jpg
20200929_200032.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1956 times
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Double post.

I've also recently purchased several Marvel Legends:
Spider-Man Classics Green Goblin, Peter, and Gwen.
The Punisher with motorcycle.
Movie Wolverine and Deadpool/Negasonic Teenage Warhead.
And I won a Stepford Cuckoo on Instagram.

A few Star Wars:
Hondo, Beskar armor Mandalorian, Admiral Ackbar, and Han Carbonite.

Two GI Joe: Snake Eyes and Baroness with motorcycle.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Nice. I got my Power Droid in the mail today. That an a vintage Romba are my only recent scores.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

TVC Chirrut, Jedi Luke (updated I believe) and Hondo.

I am having trouble finding comparison shots like Rebelscum used to provide for new iterations of previously made characters - are Jedi Luke and Chirrut "all new", or are they repacks/repaints?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Chirrut is definitely all new. He's only been made in 5-POA before. Not sure about Luke, though.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

JTA says Luke is a repack, but it's a repack from the recent 3 Luke pack from last year. Supposedly the best Jedi Luke to date. Looks awesome in the package so I'll keep the figure & decide which version of the cardback I'll recycle.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Checked out the toy aisle at Walmart today. Almost bought a stormtrooper on a "carbonite" vintage card from the Mandalorian, but I'm not shelling out $17+ on a single figure.

They also had some AWE Strikers and HISS tanks. I missed the news that Walmart was getting some exclusive 3.75" GI Joes on retro cards. They didn't have anything else from that line.

The most oddball thing I saw was some retro Real Ghostbusters figures.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I really don't get the retro figures. If you want something old, buy something old. If you want to buy something new, take advantage of 35 years of toy technology. Why buy new stuff that looks like the shit you had when you were ten?