Batman

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

I got the Batgirl two-pack only because I didn't have a nifty Batman yet ( out here in CA anyway). I didn't bother with Clark because, well, it's Clark. What the fuck is he gonna do? I'm looking forward to Cyborg Supes. My fondest wish would be an 50/50 alternate costume distribution featuring his new red and black color motif in Green Lantern Sinestro Corps. Badass. I guess I'll have to wait until theres a DCDirect Sinestro Corps wave. That new bruiser who's an evil analog to Kilowog looks fucking awesome too.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Eternal Padawan wrote:his new red and black color motif in Green Lantern Sinestro Corps. Badass.
what about the intermediate red and black version, where the metal was even red? that was really cool looking too.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Saw the ever expanding line at SDCC. Clayface looks amazing! Catwoman looks great.

DCSH jumps on the BAF bandwagon with Penguin, Orion, 70's Batman, Red Tornado, and Demon get you a BAF Metamorpho.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Batman

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Wave 2 of the DC figures is out. I managed to find my avatar(s) and a Firestorm. Still need Aquaman, Black Manta, and Harley Quinn to make a Grodd BAF.

Since Marvel legends is rumored to be on the skids, I'm going to be looking for past figures I've missed. Like Braniac, Two Face, and Batgirl.

But not Cyborg Superman. Because fuck if I'm paying $80 for a figure.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

A friend of mine got me Two-Face. Otherwise, I'd never have gotten one of my favorite Batman rogues.

I saw Manta yesterday. He looked cool. I passed on most of Wave 1, but I might have to get these. Firestorm is the only "eh" figure, but, dude, it's fucking Grodd. You can justify not getting Metamorpho (and what was with them calling him "Elemental Man"?), but you simply cannot pass on a giant monkey in battle armor.

I was lucky enough to get Batgirl (thanks to the same friend, at the same time, in fact) and Brainiac (on my own). I never got the other Batgirl or Clark, since I was hoping Target would clearance out those two packs, and it never seemed to happen.

I saw the Wizard World exclusive Man-Bat at the Mattel clearance store, but, well, Man-Bat is not fucking white. And certainly not worth $15 for the wrong color.

Cyborg Superman pisses me off so badly. I think I hit every goddamned Big Lots in southern California for months, and found only a fuckload of Monguls and Lava Reflection Doomsdays. At full price, no less. Mattel so screwed the pooch here. They even told people it would be shipping pretty much only to Big Lots. Every made-up Superman variant was all over the place (how hard would it be to get the black suit right?), but the only one to actually appear in comics (and as a pretty fucking heavyweight villain) is the toughest to get, even counting exclusives. Way to go. You make Hasbro look like they're good at this.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

My friend has Aquaman, BManta, and Harley. Harley is weak compared to the Hush version, but the Aqua and Manta figures look sweet. And his Grodd IS the shit. The only thing is you cant have him hunkered down on all fours in a gorilla stance. Not well at any rate. But its a small forgivable issue with a sweet fuckin' BAF.

I guess the correct term with DC is CNC (Collect 'n' Connect).

I'm hoping Cyborg Supes makes its way back into the line at some point. I will definitely mention it to the Mattel people at SDCC. That'd give me a full-on boner whether I'm red or blue!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Thanks for sharing. I want the figure, but it doesn't cause me any arousal.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Meh. I'd re-edit that, but everybody knows I haven't had a boner in years...

But I do now!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I found Black Manta this weekend. And just found Aquaman and Harley this morning. Manta is a great figure. Best in the wave. The only thing that sucks is that half of my Grodd is here in the office, and the other parts are at home. I think I may display Grodd here, because giant cybernetic apes on a desk always illicit conversation.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

RoIIo Tomassi wrote:I think I may display Grodd here, because giant cybernetic apes on a desk always illicit conversation.
my cy-gor, kriegeaffe and monkeyman are always gabbing away. i'm like "fuck, dudes! i gotta work! keep it to a dull roar!" to whit they beat their chests and literally roar at me. they're really fuckin' funny those guys. :roll:
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Do they fling poo?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Do you have a Chim-Chim, vyn? You need a Chim-Chim to go with them. And maybe track down an Optimus Primal and Optimus Minor.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

RoIIo Tomassi wrote:Do they fling poo?
yes, but it's plastic so it only stings a little, doesn't stick. no clean-up.
anarky wrote:Do you have a Chim-Chim, vyn? You need a Chim-Chim to go with them. And maybe track down an Optimus Primal and Optimus Minor.
i don't have a chim-chim, but i do have optimus primal. they don't like him, though. find him to be too much of a boyscout. so i keep them apart.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I kinda like Optimus Primal. I bought a bunch of Transformers from a dude (including G1 Megatron and Galvatron!), and he threw in a Primal. Nice figure.

Optimus Minor, though I don't have him, would go better. He's like a metal-plated squirrel monkey or something.

Maybe there'll be a Chim-Chim in the new line of Speed Racer toys.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I guess the Heath Ledger Joker figure is now some kind of hot property; selling out in toy stores and fetching ridiculous prices on eBay? That wouldn't have occured to me. I guess I'm not a fucking scalper cashing in on people's deaths.

In a slightly Ledger related story, I was in another forum and some guy was bitching about how Joker wasn't going to be in the third Batman movie, and some guy countered with he might be in it because Ledger had signed a two picture deal.

Uhmmmm...

THE INTERNET IS FULL OF RETARDS.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie