Batman

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Batman

Post by anarky »

You hear Leia's voice say, "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

OYES! Batman figures based on the Adam West series. $16 each. Looks like the first wave is Batman (obviously), Penguin, and The Riddler. There is a $50 Batmobile, too.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=19932
Ran

Post by Ran »

The Target I found the new GI Joes at also had some new Batman & DC figures. The one that caught my eye was the Penguin that looked like he was from the 70-80s cartoons.

There was also Superman, Flash, 1 or 2 Batmans, and maybe another I'm forgetting. One Batman was all black, like from the movies. The other might have been dark gray and black like one of the comic series. They were around $16.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I saw those today. Batman would be cool if he wasn't all shiny.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Saw the 8" MattyCollector Stealth Fusion Batman figure from The Dark Knight Rises today for $10. Must've been old stock dumped in a store. Looked pretty cool, but felt rubbery. Almost picked it up. Might go back for it later this week.
Worth it?
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Robin
MTS in training

Post by Robin »

Holy evil eggstravaganza, Batman! It's Egghead!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Found a box of DC Signature figures still in the packaging. By the time the final waves were coming out, they weren’t in stores anymore and were being released thru Matty.com and were mostly fan requests at that point. I haven’t unpacked the rest of my Mattel DC figures yet, but I’m pretty close to having a full set I think.

I have Metron, Rocket Red, Elastigirl, Poison Ivy, Fire, Batzarro, Ra’s Al Ghul, both Wally West and Jay Garrick, Freddy Freeman, Monsieur Mallah and Brain, Uncle Sam, Starman, Black Mask, and Ocean Master

After doing some research, I need Aquaman, Atrocitus, Huntress, Ice, John Constantine, Larfleeze, Lead, Mirror Master, Phantom Stranger, Platinum/Tin, Red Hood, Damian Wayne Robin, Saint Walker, Connor Kent Superboy and two exclusive Doomsday figures that are super rare and expensive.
I looked some of the ones I’m missing up on eBay and while some are reasonably easy to find, some are shittily expensive like Platinum/Tin. Is it worth trying to finish off the collection? Who can say.

Also found the Matty.com Ghostbusters still in their packaging. Should I open them after all these years? I could sell them and try to find loose versions for cheaper. Or I could just open them. I don’t know if their value is worth the hassle.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”