Transformers

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Transformers

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Wheeljack is one of the VERY few vintage wave 1 Autobots I never had. Him and Sunstreaker.
I would say the WJ retooling was better if his legs went jusssst a smidge higher. I'm only asking for a half-inch. As it is, I think he's as tall as Bumblebee right now. And that aint right.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

The original was a bit stubby, too. He was one of my first TF's, and, for the longest time, the only "Car" I had. (Remember how the original Autobots were just "Cars" and "Minicars"?)

My brother got Sunstreaker the same Christmas. He tossed the box and everything but the figure. Meaning not only the decals and instructions, but his hands, wrist-rockets, and shoulder guns, too. :roll:
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Almost a year. Scratch that. Over a year.

I found, but didn't get, FOC Prime and Jazz. For $15, they're pricey. I also figure those two will be common. I want Shockwave.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

And found him. :mabs:

Here's an interesting tidbit.

The "Aligned" continuity is the umbrella term to a shared history of all current TF continuities that started after 2010. Well, not exactly. Because they're one continuity.

War for Cybertron, the Exodus/Exiles novels, Fall of Cybertron, Prime, and, uh, Rescue Bots are the same continuity.

Make sense of that if you can.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Anyone interested in the new TRU Masterpieces?

At first, I saw Thundercracker and thought, "Man, I can probably still get Skywarp cheap on eBay. It'd be cool to have all three original Seekers." Then I saw the bizarre decals on him (that are pre-applied and, I guess, supposed to be funny or something) and said to myself, "Nope. Fuck that shit. Starscream still flies alone."

As for Optimus Prime, woo, he has a trailer. Y'know what? For as much as the original MP Prime cost, and what this one costs, he'd need a fuck lot more than a trailer. He'd have to do my laundry, make nachos, change the cat litter, and be able to blow me on demand for me to even consider an upgrade.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I just looked at some pics. Are you referring to the 'sonicboom' on his Tailfins?
Are there other decals elsewhere? Because I think I can live with the Tailfins. I would most likely have them posed in Robot mode anyway.
And all three Seekers standing with my MP Megatron would rock balls.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky

Post by anarky »

That, and the Reflector stickers elsewhere. "Sonic Boom" doesn't bother me so much as the graphic of robot-mode Thundercracker holding a boom box. For $70, that's unacceptably silly.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I'm wondering if that can't be obscured or sanded off. Either way, it's not a deal breaker for me. I don't know if I can swing the $70 though. Fuck, I hate being broke. :(
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I'm trying to keep my Transformer collection to a minimum, but that Shockwave figure looks pretty cool.

$70? Of all the toys I've collected over the years, I don't think I spent $70 on any single one of them. All of the big toys I own (AT-AT, Imperial Shuttle, Saga Millennium Falcon, ROC GI Joe PIT) were all bought on clearance for $50 or less.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I almost bought the Fall of Cybertron Combaticons yesterday. Then I noticed the price tag. $16. You wanna talk sticker shock? Those things ain't worth $80. If Onslaught was scaled properly and therefore they could make a proper Bruticus instead of this sort of gorilla version, MAYBE.

If I find them cheaper, I may get the four limbs and keep my Classics Onslaught, and just not merge them.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Found the China-only Deluxe figures at TRU today. Unfortunately, I wasn't alone. My wife balked at the $15 price tag. Not a refusal, but a guilt trip. I passed... for now.

I will be going back to get at least Wheelie and Springer tomorrow. :D Maybe Swerve, too; MTMTE has made me fall in love with that little bastard. Ah, what the hell, probably Cliffjumper, too, since I'd like one Cliffjumper figure who's not merely a straight-up Bumblebee repaint.

But, yeah, definitely the first two. It's tough to explain to a woman whose world wasn't crushed when Prime died (never mind the comic was canon, they still fucking killed Prime in the movie!!) how sacred Springer and Wheelie are, especially in a world with recent updates of Kup, Blurr, Cyclonus, Galvatron, Scourge, Wreck-Gar, and Hot Rod, and the first repaint Junkions ever.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Transformers are on sale at Target this week. I'm thinking about getting Shockwave. Is he worth it?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Absomotherfuckinglutely.

Since the new, pricier figures came out (all Fall of Cybertron thus far), he's the only one I've been moved to pick up. And he was well worth every penny.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I kinda sorta got way more figures today than I have in ages.

First, the FOC Combaticons at Target's sale. I was going to get just the four, but Anarky Jr saw they could make a big robot, and she really wants to see it.

At TRU, someone had gotten the Springer and Wheelie I stashed. :frus: And the other one of each that were on the pegs. :frus: There was one Swerve and one Cliffjumper left. After looking around to make sure they weren't misplaced, I asked at the customer service counter, "I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for the other two that are in the case with these. Can you check and see if there are more in the stockroom?" And found out that, apparently, for some items, if it's not in stock in the store, they can order it for you with free shipping! So I should have Wheelie and Springer in a week or so. Not quite completing my Movie updates collection, but I can live with it, since I consider Animated Arcee to be about as good a G1 Arcee as we'll ever see.

Seriously, if not for how awesome he is in More Than Meets the Eye, Swerve wouldn't have tempted me in the slightest. But I couldn't pass on him. And it's nice finally having a Cliffjumper who's not simply Bumblebee in red. (He's an old-school muscle car, based on but heavily retooled from the Prime version.)
Ran

Post by Ran »

I saw those Chinese Transformers you were talking about. There was also a few smaller toys for $9. There was Laserbeak, Warpath, and some other Dune Buggy looking thing.