Transformers

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Transformers

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Wal Mart just got in Unicron. Ohhhhhhh man! I wish I had the $50 right then and there because he was too fucking sweet for words, and when I went back 12 hours later, they were both gone. Please let them get more in....

PLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASE.....
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I was lucky enough to get him at Target a few weeks ago. He looks damn awesome surrounded by the Japanese PVCs--you know, the ones we started to get over here, but it appears Hasbro dropped because no one liked going to weird-ass stores like Walgreens to find them.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

And the 20th Anniversary Optimus makes me want to put on steel toed boots and kick the Japanes Ambassador to the UN right in the ballbag!
anarky

Post by anarky »

You seen the new ad for Unicron? It's obvious that when it went to production, they didn't have access to Armada eps with him, because it shows Armada Optimus Prime (with, I believe, the wrong voice), then cuts to Unicron laying waste to Cybertron. . . from the movie!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Unicron has been vanquished in two TF continuities: The Animated and Marvel.

Is this worlds collide thing in Armada a crossover with the G1 series or whats the deal? I keep meaning to pick it up but the cash flow was stymied recently and won't gain momentum until after the 1st of the month...
anarky

Post by anarky »

It's a crossover with a G1 universe parallel to the animated, Marvel, and Dreamwave. Yes, yet another G1 continuity to keep up with. Armada Optimus ended up there somehow, and the Galvatron, Bludgeon, Dirge, Scourge, and Thunderwing of that reality are apparently going from reality to reality, destroying them all. On this parallel Cybertron, Unicron just showed up, and the only other Transformer Armada Prime has come across is Spinister, who seems to have gone insane after Unicron stopped by at some earlier point and wasted the planet, but didn't eat it.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Was Thunderwing an actual toy? I always thought he was just a Furman character.

You know who was always the leader of my Decepticons (since I never had Megatron, Galvatron, Shockwave, Scorponok, etc)?

Sixshot. Sixshot was my badass 'Cepticon Commander.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Soundwave was always my 'Con leader. Well, I had Ratbat, but he never had that honor in my collection. A friend had a bootleg Shockwave, so when we got together, we just pretended Megatron had died. As a teen, I bought Bludgeon and Thunderwing (yes, he was a toy, and a damn cheap one, too) to make up for the leadership vacuum, but by that point they never actually got played with.

As an adult, I've acquired a good-condition Galvatron and a "seen better days" Megatron.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i had megatron... he was awesome, til one day my brother was using him for his gun when we were playing "war" and he got "shot" and in his death throes whipped megatron up into the air and he came down HARD and broke in half. he's a dick.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

No SHIT. I'd a been PISSED.

I think Soundwave was my first 'Con leader too, but he never had y'know, the STATURE to be in charge, so all the other 'Cons would fuck off around him and they'e end up losing or whatever. ocaasionally Starscream would be the man, but he's even more of a pussy as a toy than he was as a cartoon/comic book character. You just can't take the toy Starscream seriously as the Decepticon leader....
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I have access to so many new Transformers toys up here it's crazy (pretty much all 5 waves of rereleases, the big Unicron thing, whatever). If there's something you can't find and want bad - Im only a PM or email away. Let me know.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

That's a lot of money. He better be bigger than the original one. Cool though - very cool.
Grimlock
moderator terror squad

Post by Grimlock »

When Hasbro make 20th Anniversary Grimlock to go with Prime? Prime get all the glory. Me Grimlock stronger than Optimus Prime. Should be toy first.