LEGO!

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: LEGO!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I ordered that sweet Sesame Street that just came out. Should be here in a day or two.

I rrrrreeeeealllly want that Mos Eisley set. Omg it looks so fucking tight.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

The Sesame Street set reminds me of the old Fisher Price Sesame Street toy I had when I was a kid. Mos Eisley looks awesome, too.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

just at the tail-end of the 2xVIP points promo last month, picked up The Razor Crest and Iron Man Armory (the expansion to the Iron Man Hall of Armor which i got a while back). the purchase also qualified for the free VIP giftwrap/bag and the MINDSTORMS Mini Robots freebie, which worked out nicely.

i have the fully expanded Iron Man Hall of Armor, with each unique Iron Man figure i own on display, on my desk between my keyboard and monitor and the Razor Crest is at the corner of my desk.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

HOLY SHIT, EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP!

https://brickset.com/article/54485/1027 ... 1-revealed!
10274-1.jpg
10274-1.jpg (384.15 KiB) Viewed 1571 times
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I got two smaller SW Lego sets in anticipation of eventually getting the Mos Eisley cantina set.
I got Obi-Wan’s Hut and the new Landspeeder. I have the original Landspeeder set from like 20 years ago, but who knows what box it’s in somewhere.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

The next Modular set is a Police Station with a little donut shop next door.
https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/lego-102 ... -building/

Ran

Post by Ran »

Got the 1966 TV Batmobile. Pretty nice set for $30. Kind of wish it came with Robin instead of the Joker.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Daily Bugle set revealed:

https://brickset.com/article/59351/stop ... e-revealed!

Black Cat, Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, and Firestar minifigs included!

there were also some new Marvel "Infinity Saga" sets revealed last week, including some sets inspired by older MCU movies that didn't get a full LEGO treatment, including "Iron Monger Mayhem" from the climax of the first Iron Man movie, and a smaller set featuring Captain America against a Hydra agent (presumably inspired by Avengers: Age of Ultron).

it would be cool to see more "back to the well" type sets - would love to see a set inspired by the end of IM2, featuring battle-damaged/oil-splattered versions of IM and WM, a Whiplash figure (or maybe brick-built) and some "Hammeroids" with a vignette of the "forest" in the Oracle Pavilion where the battle takes place. maybe a set of the SHIELD base around Thor's hammer from the first Thor movie, complete with "Donald Blake" Thor and Agent Coulson.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

First of all, 32 inches tall?? Haha thats massive.
Second, FRANK CASTLE!! WHOO!!!
Third, I appreciate that it can be displayed 360 as a enclosed building. I was worried it was on of those front facade/back is open for “play” purposes like a lot of Lego sets.
25 figures!?! I like how even the Lego website aint got time to name them all. They get to about eight and then “and many more!” like who has time to type out all that.

I have some VIP points I was saving for the Star Wars Cantina, but they may go towards this instead.

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i know, it's huge! i have both NINJAGO City and Pirates of Barracuda Bay on top of the dresser in my office, and i have no shelf in my three IKEA bookcases that they can fit on/in, and they're both only 2' tall!

also, there are technic bricks on the sides of the building that align with the "standard" modular buildings, so you can put it in-line with your LEGO town.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

When I bought the Batman set, the store also had Looney Toons minifigures. We haven't bought any of those blind bags in quite a long time. These were $5 each. So, 25 minifigures in the Daily Bugle set? Isn't that really about $125? Anyway, that set is crazy.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I ordered the Daily Bugle set. I used half my VIP points to shave $50 off the price.
Ill use the rest on the SW Cantina set if it ever fucking GOES ON SALE. Its been “out of stock” since the day it went on sale...

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I finally was able to order the Star Wars cantina set. It was “Backordered” instead of “Out of Stock” at lego.com.
Scheduled to ship on the 20th.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I got the Medieval Blacksmith shop last week. I also got the Everyone Is Awesome set to bump up the total shipping price to get the free sailboat set.

And I’ve got a buildup of unbuilt sets in the basement, so last night I started building the Haunted House I got three or four years ago.

Ran

Post by Ran »

My wife and I were talking about Christmas gifts last week. She wants the Lego Bonzai tree. One daughter wants the Friends Apartments, and the other wants the Winnie the Pooh set. So, we might be spending $300 right there. She asked me if I want a set, but I haven't really thought about it.