Hasbro's Marvel figures

toys are cool. they are fun. you like to play with toys. no, not THOSE kinds of toys. well, okay, those are fun too...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
John Kalodner: John Kalodner

Re: Hasbro's Marvel figures

Postby Diabolical » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:14 am

I found out there's a Kate Bishop Hawkeye 6" figure.
It's in a TRU 3 pack with Vision (All-New Avengers) and Falcon America (sans wings - WTF?).

All I want is Hawkeye, dammit. I suppose I could toss the other two on ebay if I can get it.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.

Diabolical

Postby Diabolical » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:00 am

Has anyone else noticed that both the Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series have really stepped up their game recently, especially on the likenesses? Are they finally using the facial scanning technology?

Marvvel has always been pretty good with the MCU likenesses, but they've been knocking it out of the park lately.

I recently picked up the Netflix Punisher and Daredevil figures and both are really good likenesses. And the Jessica Jones figure (I didn't have the money for her at the time, dammit) is pretty incredible. The GotG likenesses were pretty dead on and the new Thor and Loki are pretty impressive too (even though Loki looks a bit too pale).

The new SW BS are a pretty big step up by the looks of them also.

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Postby anarky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:06 pm

I've seen the Netflix wave, and Jessica Jones is so accurate, I expected her to overdose on crystal meth while Walter White watched.

I don't have Sabine, but I'm especially impressed with the Rebels figures (including Thrawn). Getting such good human likenesses from abstract cartoon art has to be tough. Hera in particular is a gorgeous figure.

Also, Death's Head II looks just like the Minion cyborg. :)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!

Diabolical

Postby Diabolical » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 pm

The Black Panther series is hitting shelves.

I picked up BP himself, as I missed the blink-and-miss-it Walmart exclusive Civil War BP. Hell, this could be a repack of it for all I know.
The alternate T'Challa head looks quite a bit like Chadwick Boseman.

The BAF is Okoye, a bald, black chick - possibly the one from Civil War that gets in Black Widow's face.
BP comes with just her head.

This is an odd wave. 3 Black Panther figures: Black Panther, Erik Killmonger, and Nakia, and 3 comic Marvel Universe figures: Blackbolt (with belching contest face), Namor (the Walgreens one looked far better), and Iron Man (looking like he's from an animated series, especially the goofy Stark head).

Return to “toys”