George Carlin Dies at age 71.

funny stuff!!! well, except for carrot top. and paul reiser. damn, that guy blows, but not as much as Paul Rodriguez, he should be deported back to Mexico

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

UKWildcat
christopher walken

George Carlin Dies at age 71.

Post by UKWildcat »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,370121,00.html

:cry:

Very sad. I absolutely loved this man. A comedic genius. He will be missed greatly. But his work will live on forever....
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: George Carlin Dies at age 71.

Post by kidhuman »

Comedy has lost its way today. RIP George
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

wow. not surprising, but still sad.

on another note... did anyone have him on their list?
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I was a little surprised only because he just performed here last week.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

He was truly a god among men. Easily the funniest funny man of modern times, and one of those comedians who's as great at being a social critic as he is at making people laugh. That's what comedy should be, and yet so few comedians and humorists pull it off. Who's left that can do that? Chris Rock, maybe? Even he pales in comparison.

"You know when I wash my hands? When I shit on 'em! And that happens maybe two, three times a week, tops!"
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

This reporter is very sad. It is not often that a mere human can beat a news reporting cyborg from the future at posting the latest news, but I am stunned, as the worship of George Carlin is the basis for our future society from which I hail. There is no historical record in our time of his demise, as he is recorded to have simply gotten fed up with stupid people and walked into the woods somewhere in Montana in 2034 at the age of 96. No one saw him again, though hikers often reported being pelted with rocks and told to get off of someone's 'shit piss fuck cunt cocksocker motherfucker tits lawn!'"

This reporter has no explanation for why history has changed. Perhaps the ramifications of the forthcoming Douche Cyberwar are more severe than originally anticipated. I will have to consult with Twiki on this matter. And that little robot from an alternate future, well, he likes his balls sucked for hours first, so I'll have to brush my teeth before attempting to determine the cause of this calamity.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Ah fuck.
:cry:
“In Heaven, the French do the cooking, the Germans are the mechanics, the Swiss run the hotels, the Italians are the lovers and the English are the police.

In Hell, the English do the cooking, the Italians are the mechanics, the French run the hotels, the Swiss are the lovers and the Germans are the police.”
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Newsbot wrote:

Code: Select all

This reporter has no explanation for why history has changed. Perhaps the ramifications of the forthcoming Douche Cyberwar are more severe than originally anticipated. I will have to consult with Twiki on this matter. And that little robot from an alternate future, well, he likes his balls sucked for hours first, so I'll have to brush my teeth before attempting to determine the cause of this calamity.
It could be that, or you are getting history mixed up with Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Rogue II wrote:It could be that, or you are getting history mixed up with Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.
which is much easier to do than you'd think. i still can't get it out of my head that the gettysburg address didn't end with "party on, dudes!"
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Awww, Dammit. :cry:

Not you too. :cry:

You are missed George.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

Man, I had like 12 of Carlin's specials recorded on my DVR (from a marathon HBO Comedy played after his death) and the damned DVR deleted them all. Unfucking believable. The DVR wasn't even near full capacity either. Something's amiss.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Carlin kicked so much ass, your DVR was worried it would overload.

Either that, or the cable company saw you were stashing so much awesomeness, it contacted Homeland Security because there was potential for a weapon of mass amusement.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

I think you could be on to something 'nark.