Bob Nelson

funny stuff!!! well, except for carrot top. and paul reiser. damn, that guy blows, but not as much as Paul Rodriguez, he should be deported back to Mexico

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Bob Nelson

Post by Eternal Padawan »

A buddy of mine lent me a copy of his HBO special back in high school. I was watching it at about 2:00 in the morning and I woke my parents up I was laughing so hard. Normally that would be enough to get my parents riled ( old people don't like gettng woken up in the middle of the night) but they came downstairs and actually watched the last half of the tape and were laughing right along with me...

Anyway, I've never seen anything by him since and I can't find a copy of his act. But I've remembered it all these years. Anyone heard of him? And do you by any chance have a copy of his routine?
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Do we have to respond in both threads???
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Was that a response?
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Nope just a question
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I (ahem) don't understand the <i>both threads</i> comment (cough cough)....[;)]
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

hey! Just thought I'd bump this up. There have been amazing advancements in Comedy Routine Reproduction in the last few years. Coupled with internet technology, theres no reason to not find this. I wish HBO would put more of their old specials out on DVD.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

www.bobnelson.com

Turns out, he's slumming in Branson, MO. Poor guy. But he is selling DVDs of that act I was looking for "Nelson Schmelson" from 1992. So I bought one to help the guy out.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Rob Liefeld
sloth

Post by Rob Liefeld »

YOUR A FUCKING NIGGAR!!!!
Should I look down and say it?
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Incidentally, I typed the correct spelling of that offensive word into Google Images and got back some fairly strange stuff.

I also read an interesting sidenote in one of the articles that said the Mirriam/Webster dictionary no longer associates that word with persons of Equatorial descent in their definition. Which raises my eyebrows about the intentions of a dictionary's publisher in terms of political correctness. Hmmm.....
Slimmie
knightrider

Post by Slimmie »

A wise man once said, "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
"America is all about speed.
Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed."
Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

It's just, if the word means something historically, whether it's good or bad, then how can Merriam Webster up and decide the word no longer means that just because it's offensive to people? It's not really their call to make is it?

Here's the Link

And here's the passage in question.
In 2003, the fight to correct the shameful availability of this word has had positive results. Recently Kweisi Mfume, President and CEO of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), gave a speech at Virginia Tech. There everyone was informed that a landmark decision was made with the people at Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Recognizing their error, beginning with the next edition the word nigger will no longer be synonymous with African-Americans in their publication.