CREED RULZ

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

CREED RULZ

Post by mabudon »

Actually I can't stand the band. The thing that bugs me the worst is the way every vowel sound (such as when the word "me" is used) has every single vowel sound PLUS the letter "H" thrown in (as in in "free-zaihhyeough" for "freezing")
As if kids need that kind of help lowering their reading and writing skills.
Then there's the "stance" of the band, they're christians who kinda see/present life as some thankless, grim, agony filled chore.. it's just too silly for words.. I have sworn off of pop radio thanks to creed and all the myriad bands like them (as if one wasn' more than enough)
Oddly, though, I seem drawn by my intense dislike, and find myself day dreaming about a new angst-rock musical version of Empire strikes back... there aren't enough rock musicals coming out anymore, and I think a musical SW done in this style may help to get the ball rolling again, or at least give an option to folks who, like me, already despise musicals, and to folks who have "loved" cats and mama mia too many times to choke down another performance.. whaddya think, fellows???[wol]
Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

Post by Jedi Knightrider 3000 »

i wanna write a musical where whenever someone breaks into song, instead of the spotlight shining on them and all the other characters freezing, they all start looking at him funny, or beat him up or something.

creed sucks jesus cock.

angst rock empire - i could just see vader wailing on a huge lightsaber guitar... that would rock!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I just had a thought....how would creed depict the esteemed Billy Dee without dropping the angst and suffering? There's no way I can think of..
Those bands like puddle of mud and pod and stuff tick me off so bad I don't know what to do. Even Canada's own Our Lady Peace and Tragically Hip have a bit of that whole whining and crying thing going on..
I guess this post is about musical "conventions"(or gimmicks, depending on the naievte level) that I can't stand... the way every olp song has that falsetto "haieeee" bit in it is so stupid and "one trick pony"-ish, and every piece of new material that sounds the same just drives me nuts- I mean, that one trick is, most people would argue, their "sound".. in the good old days (here we go!!) bands had to come up with an actual "sound" themselves, the whole thing, else borrow someone else's, nowadays you just have to make a stupid template and pour 8 lumps of shit into it (more or less, depending on how many "songs" you want), bake for 15 minutes, then drop it on an unsuspecting public, where power rotation and the "cool" talking heads will show you how to overlook the fact that it's recycled, useless shit and maybe even buy the album, so you can listen to the one song you like in your car for a few months until the song "isn't good anymore".. ARRRRRGH!!
Sorry for the rant, boys, I've been working in a callcentre taking calls for at+t from atlanta ga, and it's making me a bit loopy.
I do hate the whole music industry, though, must be why I like crappy old metal, and new great metal that no-one will ever hear cause it's too good and would make joe listener uncomfortable..
Ahhh, how I yearn for the return of the virtuosos of the mid 80's... Gotta Run!!!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Dude, don't knock Creed! Their new stuff blows big donkey schlongs, but I used to love them back when they called themselves Pearl Jam!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Fuckin A, man, they were much better then... I can't believe how, since I first posted this, there've been over 100 releases by them, all under different names and with different black-and-white pictures of moody, serious guys with long hair and goofy goatees on 'em...
Fuckin prolific, at the least...
Bizarro Mabudon
bacon

Post by Bizarro Mabudon »

mE AM CONFUSED WHY rEAL mE DOESN'T LIKE cREED. cREED AM THE BEST. mE AM USING KRYPTONITE TO MAKE ME AM STRONG AND AM GOING TO BE FINDING cREED AND WE AM GOING TO CHALLENGE rEAL mE.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: CREED RULZ

Post by anarky »

This just reminds me:

I caught a video by Hinder today. I'd never heard them. I was flipping through channels and it was on. It was so incredibly bad, I had to stick around to the end to see who was sucking that badly. Don't tell me you've never done that. God damn. They suck. They make fucking Creed look like goddamned Lemmy playing a show of Leadbelly covers, backed by Iron Maiden and the ghost of Jimi Hendrix, and riding over the arena on a gigantic flying tortoise and dropping ice cream cones to everyone in the audience.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I hate Hinder. And I always see commercials for Buzz Ballads and its sequels, which feature more than enough Hinder and Creed along with tons of bands who sound just like them. It all sucks ass.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Oh yeah that "hinder" band sucks something fierce.

Odd this topic should come to life around the exact same time (started recording it yesterday) me and a buddy decided to make a TERRIBLE phoney Creed song, it's called "blue angel" and it's about exactly what you'd think, except that the lyrics are pretty damn hard to make out over the wacky over-emoting and all them extra consonants and "h"s :beard:

Should have it finished in almost no time, it's a piece of shit, and since making it suck is the plan we're not shooting very high in the quality department anyways

A couple tentative sample lyrics include "if you should make a flasher, I hope you get some pictures"

OH and the intro line is "I know it's not gonna be long, til yer reminded of that old creed song, the one where the guy sounds angry, with the photo on the album" (tho I don't like the last line of that one, any suggestions would be gladly considered- heck if you can think of any lines you want in there, post away, we aren't gonna work on it til later tonight or tomorrow anyways)
:ducks:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!