Greatest Hits Albums

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Greatest Hits Albums

Post by Diabolical »

Recently I've noticed that I'm increasingly ok with just a band's greatest hits album.
I no longer feel the need to dive into a band's catalog if I find myself becoming interested in them.
Sure, I might miss those hidden gems, but that is fine with me.

Side note - Since Bohemian Rhapsody came out there have been several of Queen's GH out there. Most are a bit skimpy on tracks, but the best one has pretty much all of the GH...except Bohemian Rhapsody.
What the Fuck?!
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Re: Greatest Hits Albums

Post by Ran »

It depends on the band for me. I'm ok with greatest hits albums for some. I have a Queen's greatest hits UK import CD in 1992, but I'm looking at getting certain other albums from them because I'm so tired of hearing the same 15 Queen songs. Can't even listen to We Will Rock You or We Are the Champions anymore.

Side note: A really long time ago, I bought Peter Gabriel's Shaking the Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats. Hell, I might have got it from BMG. Anyway, it doesn't have "In Your Eyes" on it.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'm such a damned completist, I've been known to get greatest hits albums to get the single edits.

I too have become okay with GH compilations overall. Especially since most of the music I buy now is used and costs a buck or two per album, since no one carries much physical media anymore.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I found a couple record stores in town that carry new/used music on CD and record, plus books, video games and other pop culture items. It's almost like being back in the 90s. Bought 2 CDs there this past weekend for total of $10.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

A local record store (they specialize in vinyl, but have cds and even old casettes) has a box of $1 clearance cds.
I occasionally find good stuff there or stuff I wanted back in the day.
A Clapton GH, Sheryl Crow's GH, two Gin Blossoms cds, Johnny Cash's American IV, a couple others.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.