Kelly Clarkson admits she and Justin Guarini totally dated!

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Kelly Clarkson admits she and Justin Guarini totally dated!

Post by Newsbot »

Back in 2002, when American Idol was everything, we were all super convinced that Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini were dating. And it turns out our 12-year-old selves were totally right. Sort of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Stopping by Watch What Happens Live on Thursday, Clarkson confirmed that the two did indeed have a fling. Just not actually during Idol. She told host Andy Cohen:

We didn’t date during “Idol,” which, everybody thought, but we did date during … I feel like we weren’t dating during (“From Justin to Kelly”) but I feel like maybe we did.

That wasn’t enough for Cohen, who pressed her until she said a little more:

We did date a little bit. I think any two people who are thrown together that much would (date). Guy, girl, just saying — “Timeless,” put that song on from “Justin to Kelly” — you can’t fight it!

At this point, Cohen and Clarkson were interrupted by every member of the studio audience, who yelled in unison, "Holy fucking shit! I totally thought he was gay!"
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.