Don't we have a "What are you listening to lately?" topic?

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Don't we have a "What are you listening to lately?" topic?

Post by jjreason »

What the fuck?

Anyhow, I'm listening to my annual hip-hop albums - I usually buy 1 per year to stop from feeling old, this year I wound up with 2.

The Throne - JayZ & Kanye West's duet album. Getting better with each listen and out of 12 tracks I typically skip #2 and that's it.

By the way, is JayZ "old school" now? Am I that fucking old?

The other one I got was Drake's latest album - gotta support Canadian talent whether or not you think he's soft (which he is, but that's cool - Canadians aren't known for being hard). Not as good as the last one, but there are definitely some songs on there that I'm enjoying - and it also allows me to provide a "funny ass" picture for you knobs:

"Something inside me....."
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Don't we have a "What are you listening to lately?" topic?

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

JJReason wrote:... gotta support Canadian talent whether or not you think he's soft (which he is, but that's cool - Canadians aren't known for being hard)
Annnnd mabudong responds in 4..3..2..1..

(By the way, I'm listening to the Drive soundtrack, and also some old school Dean Martin. Ain't that a kick in the head.)
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
mabudong
bacon

Post by mabudong »

Code: Select all

CANADIAN BANDS ANVIL AND HELIX ARE HARD, BUT NOT AS HARD AS MABUDONG.  KILLER DWARFS ARE ALSO HARD, BUT ARE PUNY COMARED TO I, MABUDONG.

I, MABUDONG, GET HARD ENOUGH TO BASH WAY THOUGH MEAT CURTAINS.  I, MABUDONG, THINK THAT PROVES HOW HARD CANADIANS GET.

Code: Select all

Dead or alive, you're cumming with me. 
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

jjreason wrote:The Throne - JayZ & Kanye West's duet album.
Sounds like a damn nightmare.
But I hate all modern rap/hip-hop.

I bought my wife that Drake cd for her birthday. She likes it.
She also likes Mtv and the books of Nicholas Sparks.

On my mp3 player, it's 95% podcasts. I only listen to music when I run out of new podcasts.

In the car I'm listening to Christmas music or non-political talk radio. Occasionally I'll flip to music, scan the channels, get annoyed and go back to talk.

The Christmas music has mainly been Scott Weiland's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, but I'll throw in White Christmas, Andy Williams, Phineas & Ferb or KT Tunstall every now and then.

After Christmas, I'm sure I'll be back to my standards, which is mainly stuff that is at least a decade old.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I haven't got into podcasts yet.

My ipod is pretty much all music with a few comedy albums. I have it on shuffle, so Iron Maiden, Tool, Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd pop up a lot.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Been listening to Christmas stuff on random on my wife's computer. For some reason, Bob Dylan and the Carpenters are coming up a lot.

Bob Dylan's Christmas album is surreal.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Dylan has a Christmas album?

For the most part, I only put on Christmas music on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning while we're opening presents.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Like I said, it's pretty surreal. It's old-man Dylan, and he talks most of the songs more than sings them. Given the raspy sound he has as an old man, and the arrangements, it sounds more like Tom Waits than what you'd expect from Dylan. I like it, but I can definitely see it not being everyone's cup of tea. Or eggnog. Whatthefuckever.

Not much on YouTube from it, but this'll give you an idea:

*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

I got all kinds of fave non-traditional Xmas songs...but it seems every year, it comes up so fast that I don't properly indulge myself in the weeks before, so I have to cram it in quick.

But I love hearing some King Diamond, Run-DMC, Spinal Tap, Springsteen, AC/DC, and other gems this time of year.
Zaphod
knightrider
Location: CHESTER A. ARTHUR'S WIFE'S VAGINA... WITH THE VINEGAR, BABY!

Post by Zaphod »

i don't think sleazer is real.

i think he's a fake account. if you don't prove you're real, i'm going to report you, because that's against the rules.
Negative Boy
knightrider

Post by Negative Boy »

Zaphod wrote:i don't think sleazer is real.

i think he's a fake account. if you don't prove you're real, i'm going to report you, because that's against the rules.
Now that you mention it, I've grown suspect of several users on here. I'm almost 99% positive that anarky, Ran, Diabolical, JJReason, and several of the Rollos are all sock puppets of the same guy.

I just don't know who.
GOD! That is so STUPID!! You are WRONG!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD!! Fuck yeah!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Been listening to Soundgarden's new single from The Avengers. I didn't expect this, since it was a big deal that they got back together and recorded a new song, but it was one of this week's freebies on iTunes. I guess I don't have to get the whole soundtrack now.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Heard a new Linkin Park song today that I thought was shit until I got to about the 1 min mark & realized it was fine. Can't remember what it was called however. ><

EDITED: Burn it Down. 6.5/10.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I know Chux will be in here later to start a new topic (or possibly amend the White Stripes one if one exists) about the Jack White solo album. 3 listens so far, and I must say I do like many of the 13 songs. Track 2 is the only really "rockin" one in my mind - but the simplicity & power of the riff are so tremendous that I was literally laughing out loud about how he can come up with this shit. Pretty cool.
anarky

Post by anarky »

After three listens, I decided to give it a break.

Currently on Robert Plant's Manic Nirvana. Found this ages ago in a cutout bin, and never cared for it, but couldn't bear to part with it because, hey, it's the dude who sang "Over the Hills and Far Away."

As of now, I have no clue why I didn't like it. It's awesome.