Limp Bizkit Leave Interscope

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Limp Bizkit Leave Interscope

Post by Newsbot »

Limp Bizkit have parted ways with record label Interscope after their comeback album yielded disappointing sales.

Gold Cobra was their first release in over six years and featured the return of wayward guitarist Wes Borland. Despite strong anticipation it hasn't lived up to expectations – but frontman Fred Durst says the band were right to do things their way. He tells Poolside With Dean Delray: "It was a record for us to do for ourselves, for core faces, for some of the people we know in the industry.

"It wasn't our step forward to make a big, pop, smash radio record. We didn't want to make that record at that time. We've been working to re-navigate where we're going to take Limp Bizkit.

"Finally we have been able to get off our label and become independent."

Yes, because it is the record label's fault no one cares about Limp Bizkit anymore.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Limp Bizkit Leave Interscope

Post by vynsane »

haha, limp bizkit thinks they still exist.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

What I find most amusing about this is that the band officially changed its name to "limpbizkit" years ago. I only remember this because I recall them making a huge deal about it and I recall mocking it extensively. It was around the time of Puff Daddy's fourteenth name change.

And, yet, the label, the media, and, apparently, even the fucking band itself don't give a shit. Wikipedia doesn't even mention it.

I recall not exactly liking them, but I can't hate the band itself because House of Pain's DJ Lethal is a member. I will continue to think Fred Duuuuuuuuuurrrrrst is the lowest form of life around and pond scum mocks him.

Oddly, I also recall thinking Significant Other (their second album) was far better than they had any right to be (the one-hit wonder novelty appeal of their "Faith" cover notwithstanding). I looked it up to see if there was some superstar producer involved, maybe Rick Rubin--you know, one of those guys who usually work with actual talented artists but can turn shit to gold and do so occasionally. I was surprised to see Scott Weiland as the producer on one track. I didn't recall him contributing vocals, either. I might have to dig that old CD out and blow off the inches of dust to listen. Or maybe I'll just YouTube it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Newsdouche wrote:Despite strong anticipation it hasn't lived up to expectations
Don't they mean "no anticipation" and "no expectations"?
Plus, anyone who heard the first single probably decided not to buy that shit. The only redeeming quality the first single had was the crazy hot chick in a bikini throughout the video. And Fred Muthafuckin' Durst Y'all! ruins it by being onscreen for most of her screentime.
anarky wrote:Oddly, I also recall thinking Significant Other (their second album) was far better than they had any right to be (the one-hit wonder novelty appeal of their "Faith" cover notwithstanding).
I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the first album and like the second one back in the day when I had a brief affair with nu metal/rap rock.
anarky wrote:I looked it up to see if there was some superstar producer involved, maybe Rick Rubin--you know, one of those guys who usually work with actual talented artists but can turn shit to gold and do so occasionally. I was surprised to see Scott Weiland as the producer on one track. I didn't recall him contributing vocals, either.
Indeed he did do some work on two of their albums.
On Significant Other Scott can be heard doing backing vocals on on "Nobody Like You" and a sample of his voice saying "Hey" on the infamous "Nookie."
And on Chocolate Starfish And The Worst Album Name Ever Scott is featured on the track "Hold On."
anarky wrote:I might have to dig that old CD out and blow off the inches of dust to listen. Or maybe I'll just YouTube it.
I've considered giving those two albums a spin from time to time, but I never let my nostalgia win, because I know I'll just be disappointed.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

I hated Limp Bizkit in college, they were right at the top of my musical-hate list. I thought their music was garbage and I still do.

I do, however, have some respect for Durst in his later days now that he is directing. I read an interview where he said he got picked on as a kid and it made him uncomfortable when he realized douche bags around the country were acting like him and bullying others. So, I think he seems like a decent enough guy...I just hate their style of music and that whole sub-genre.
Rollo Tomathi
bacon

Post by Rollo Tomathi »

I always love it when my BFF (guess what that stands for! :bj: )Bruno slaps his crotch against my bare asscheeks in time with the beats of "Nookie."
Say, Jim. That is one darling outfit. Work it, girl!