Rush

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Rush

Post by Ran »

Looks like Anvil sparked a trend. Besides the Lemmy movie, there is a new movie out that is a documentary on Rush. It is at film festivals now and will be making a short run in theaters. It will air on VH-1/VH-1 Classic in June and be released on DVD the following day. It isn't a concert dvd and they touch on all 24 albums. They found footage of Alex Lifeson from when he was 17 on some early Canadian reality show about teenagers trying to be rock stars. Supposedly there is a fair amount of stuff about the original drummer. Neil Peart actually talks about his wife and daughter. They also talk about how there was a rift between Geddy Lee and Alex about the use of the synthesizer in the 80s. There is supposed to be a bunch of celebrity interviews. I don't know them all, but they mentioined Trent Reznor & Gene Simmons. The band's sense of humor is supposed to be

http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Lighted-St ... 742&sr=8-1

And now they are going on tour and playing the entire Moving Pictures album plus stuff from their new album.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Rush

Post by mabudon »

I got a message from a buddy saying he got tickets for me, Elf and 3 other buddies for a midnight showing of this tomorrow, should be alright, I will post a review
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Awesome. Can't wait to hear about it. There are a couple new Rush songs out, but I keep missing them when they are played on the radio.

Something I've been meaning to ask you. Does Elf's name have anything to do with Dio's first band?
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Randy- no, her name was chosen thanks to her obsession with the first LOTR film, at one point she watched it 2-3 times a day (it was a weird time, many things were not right at all) and she wasn't properly "into" Dio at the time

We went to see the Rush documentary last night, and it was nothing like Anvil: The Story of Anvil in any way, shape or form.

I fell asleep (or passed out, not sure, we were all completely hammered, having been freaking out hard all damn day) about 2/3 of the way into the film, it was VERY dry but packed with really cool footage (including some of their earliest known performance footage , at the highschool I attended)

While I was reviewing the footage today I was quite surprised to find a short clip of me pissing into a cup of what appears to be iced cappucino directly in front of the movie theatre(I filled it to the brim) with all of my friends looking on and commenting

So yeah, it's definitely a documentary
Vince, NO!!!!!

mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Double post, whatever

That's what really happened, keep in mind it was a midnight friday show :ducks:
Vince, NO!!!!!

Ran

Post by Ran »

Hell, you filled the cup and covered everything around it.

They are going to air the movie Saturday. Knowing VH-1 Classic, it will be anything but "one night only". I'm setting Tivo anyway.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Rush is going into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...with Public Enemy and Donna Summer. A progressive rock band, a hardcore rap group, and a disco singer. Maybe it should be known as the Music Hall of Fame.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Neil Peart worked with Kevin J Anderson to come up with a novel based on their Clockwork Angels album.

The the name Kevin J Anderson sounds familiar, it is because he wrote a bunch of Star Wars novels including Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales From Jabba's Palace, and Tales of the Bounty Hunters. He also wrote some X-Files and Dune books.
Ran

Post by Ran »

The first few minutes are slow, but it is a "video comic book" for 2112.

2112 COMIC BOOK VIDEO SUITE
Ran

Post by Ran »

https://www.rushbackstage.com/product/6XAMRU115

Now Rush has a graphic novel for the making of "Farewell to Kings".

P.S. Quintuple Post just for Grimlock since no one else uses this thread besides me.