Norah Jones

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Norah Jones

Post by anarky »

She's just fucking hot. Really fucking hot. God damn. She's so fucking hot, just seeing her face for a split second makes you want to rub one out, but it's like she's so hot, it's a holy thing, and you think you're going to go to hell for fantasizing about fucking her silly. But it's worth burning for all eternity over that, right?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Norah Jones

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Did Slicker give you some of his alcohol, or are you just damn horny for Norah Jones?
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Both?

But I can't help but agree.
She's a definite Top 3 for me.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I just saw the video for "Chasing Pirates" yesterday. God damn, that woman is hot. I unfortunately think she's not going to be with us long, as soon she must accidentally travel to ancient Greece and set off the Trojan War. Because no fucking way Helen of Troy could've been that hot and not have been Norah Jones.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Hmm. Not to be the voice of dissent, but while she's certainly quite pretty, I wouldn't call her "hot".

For further reference, see that episode of The Office where they have the hotness debate about Hilary Swank.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

MEH ! She is slightly above average, at best.

And the pics I've seen of her with the short hair are borderline fug.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Hilary Swank cannot be compared to Norah Jones, primarily because she has a Y-chromosome.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

This was posted on myspace of all places, but I saw the link on facebook:
New Release '...Featuring' Due Out November 2nd!

On November 2, Blue Note Records will release …Featuring, a star-studded collection of Norah Jones’s musical collaborations from the past decade. The 18 songs on the album include duets with such legends as Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, and Dolly Parton, and with 21st Century icons from OutKast to the Foo Fighters. The tracks on …Featuring span her entire career, from one of her earliest recording sessions (a version of Roxy Music’s “More Than This” with guitarist Charlie Hunter in 2001) to her most recent performance, a song called “Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John” that she cut with Belle and Sebastian, which will also appear on their new album. “It's so exciting and flattering and fun when I get asked to sing with somebody that I admire,” says Jones. “It takes you a little bit out of your comfort zone when you're doing something with another artist. You don't know what to expect—it's kind of like being a little kid and having a playdate.” Also included are recordings by some of Jones’ own bands and side projects (The Little Willies and El Madmo), and performances with artists that she’s toured with including M. Ward, Sasha Dobson, and Gillian Welch and David Rawlings. Songs on …Featuring range from classics recorded by Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Joni Mitchell, and Roy Orbison to new material by such wide-ranging innovators as Ryan Adams and Q-Tip.

“A lot of the people on this record are people I've worshiped since I was a kid, and some of them are younger and more my contemporaries,” says Jones. “Even though the musicians are so varied, the vibe of the songs makes sense when we put them all together.”

TRACK LISTING:
1. Love Me – The Little Willies
2. Virginia Moon – The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
3. Turn Them – Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
4. Baby It's Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
5. Bull Rider – Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
6. Ruler Of My Heart – Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
7. The Best Part – El Madmo
8. Take Off Your Cool – OutKast featuring Norah Jones
9. Life Is Better – Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
10. Soon The New Day – Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
11. Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
12. Here We Go Again – Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
13. Loretta – Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Dear John – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
15. Creepin' In – Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
16. Court & Spark – Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
17. More Than This – Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
18. Blue Bayou – Norah Jones featuring M. Ward
Very cool. I have many of the songs listed, but it'll be nice to have a collected hard copy.

But where is Dreamgirl by The Lonely Island?
anarky

Post by anarky »

I, too, have about half of these. Seems odd to put a Little Willies track and a duet off of one of her own albums (especially since she still apparently doesn't acknowledge the album with Peter Malick, which is good enough that it makes me wonder why).

Too bad "Sucker" isn't on there. Not a great song, but to hear Norah Jones repeatedly singing the word "motherfucker" is pretty cool.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I like to imagine Norah Jones in nothing but a white t-shirt. And a smile.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:I, too, have about half of these. Seems odd to put a Little Willies track and a duet off of one of her own albums (especially since she still apparently doesn't acknowledge the album with Peter Malick, which is good enough that it makes me wonder why).
I love that Peter Malik album also. I think she's pissed because it sat around for a few years and was only released as a cash grab when she hit it big.
anarky wrote:Too bad "Sucker" isn't on there. Not a great song, but to hear Norah Jones repeatedly singing the word "motherfucker" is pretty cool.
Not aware of that one. Who'd she do that with?
Rollo Tomassi wrote:I like to imagine Norah Jones in nothing but a white t-shirt. And a smile.
Word.
anarky

Post by anarky »

And it's very humid outside... not enough to saturate the t-shirt, but enough to make it clingy. :beard:

"Sucker" was with Peeping Tom, which is essentially one of Mike Patton's mediocre one-off "side projects" following the demise of Faith No More. It's the only one I actually bought, mainly because I read she was going to do a track (I love FNM, but Patton's solo stuff sucks ass under just about any name), and it turned out it was his techno experiment album.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

And after half a listen, I know why that song isn't on the album.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

New album, "Little Broken Hearts" on May 1.
anarky

Post by anarky »

First single sounds rather non-Norah. I appreciate that she's quite the little genre-jumper, but it'll take a bit to get used to.