Norah Jones

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Norah Jones

Post by Diabolical »

NPR has a first listen, which I have not (yet) .
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/15/150302373 ... =fb&cc=fmp
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Any idea if any store is getting an exclusive version? The Universal Law of Norah Jones albums states that if I pre-order, some other store (or download site) has an exclusive that I find out about too late. If I don't, then I wind up paying more because I didn't pre-order it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

And, of course, Target has an exclusive version with extra tracks. Despite my searching all over for this info for weeks, there's no indication of it until this morning's ad. And, of course, the one I pre-ordered is "shipping soon" and can't be canceled.

Fuck, Target, you could sell more shit if you, I dunno, didn't basically hide fucking info like this. I went ahead and ordered when the signs in the store for the past week said it was coming soon and didn't mention any sort of extras.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

retailer exclusive bonus tracks should just be called "illegally download me because fuck target" tracks.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

No doubt.

I'm willing to pay to get it from the store IF they let it be known. Or if they don't pull shit like "re-release an album three months later with twice as many tracks, and fuck you to everyone who already has it."

Luckily, they don't seem to do "dueling bonus tracks" anymore. I know of at least three albums that had different exclusive tracks through each of three or four retailers. Not a big problem for the iTunes exclusive track. But who wants to buy a CD (I could probably end the sentence there for most folks) at Walmart, Target, and Best Buy?

And they wonder why piracy exists. :roll:
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:But who wants to buy a CD (I could probably end the sentence there for most folks) at Walmart, Target, and Best Buy?
I'd rather buy a cd than some bullshit digital tracks. I can rip a cd and put it on whatever device I want.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I feel like I'm the only one sometimes, but nice to see at least the anti-nark agrees. ;)

Doesn't hurt when the CD is almost always much higher sound quality, and are cheaper than MP3's more than half the time (which is fucking bizarre). I don't listen to too many "singles acts," so I usually want the full album.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:I feel like I'm the only one sometimes, but nice to see at least the anti-nark agrees. ;)

Doesn't hurt when the CD is almost always much higher sound quality, and are cheaper than MP3's more than half the time (which is fucking bizarre). I don't listen to too many "singles acts," so I usually want the full album.
Exactly. And If I'm gonna buy it, I'm gonna do whatever I want with it.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Curiously, Target's shelf tag jives with the newspaper ad that they have four extra tracks. The sticker on the packaging and the back of the actual case indicate it has three. It's $3 more than the standard one, so $1 per track. And I believe one is a remix. Eh. If I really had the choice, I'd probably get that one, but I didn't since the other one shipped, so I see it as no loss.

What are your thoughts? I had very low expectations, since I had heard "Happy Pills" and wasn't too impressed. (Still not fond of that song.) Aside from the one track, though, it's... well, I started to say "one of her best," but almost everything she does is phenomenal.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Haven't picked ut up yet. I'm about 30-60 min away from the closest Target right now. I'll get there before Saturday I hope.
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Post by Zero »

NORAH JONES IS PERFORMING
ON LETTERMAN TONIGHT.

MY WORD, SHE HAS HUGE CANS.
THOSE SWEATER KITTENS DEFY GRAVITY.

YUM.
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™
Jargo
christopher walken

Post by Jargo »

Norah Jones is like, all borin an shit. Aint got nuthin on Madona. Like coz Madona is like British now an everyfin.

Whatevah.
I have never read any of your posts, but from what I can learn I should say that for people who like the kind of posts you deliver, they are just the kind of posts such people like.
Whatevah!
Osculum mihi asinum!
Zaphod
knightrider
Location: CHESTER A. ARTHUR'S WIFE'S VAGINA... WITH THE VINEGAR, BABY!

Post by Zaphod »

here's what i think of norah jones.

Venkman
bacon

Post by Venkman »

I saw Zaphod cup his hand over his bare butt and fart really loud. Then he pulled his palm up and smelled the gas he had trapped there.

That's totally gross, dude. The only time it isn't gross is when Rob does it. I wish I could smell Rob's hand just one more time. *sigh*
You need anything Rob? Wash your car? Cook you breakfast? Eggs benedict maybe? No? Need me to fondle your balls? Tickle your anus? Make you a nice fondue? I Love You Rob!!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Damn!
Attachments
74711_10150781839708010_5204238009_9684378_1442535575_n.jpg
74711_10150781839708010_5204238009_9684378_1442535575_n.jpg (84.76 KiB) Viewed 5007 times