Semi-Dayley dose of METAL

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Semi-Dayley dose of METAL

Post by Ran »

Wow, you're right.
Current members
Dennis Schunke (Sly) – lead vocals
Inga Scharf – higher lead vocals
Stefan Schmidt – lower rakkatakka vocals, wahwah solo guitar vocals
Ross Thompson – higher rakkatakka vocals
Ingo Sterzinger (Ike) – lowest dandan vocals
Bastian Emig – drums
Germans can be an odd bunch sometimes.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Interesting. They did a pretty cool cover of "Master of Puppets," it appears. Me likey.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Former Motorhead guitarist dies at 61
July 10, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
WENN

Former Motorhead guitarist Michael "Wurzel" Burston had died at the age of 61.

Find: More on 'Wurzel' Burston's career

Tim Butcher, longtime bass technician for frontman Lemmy Kilmister, revealed the news on his Facebook.com page on Saturday.

Also: More stars we've lost in 2011

In a post, he wrote, "RIP Wurzle, Great guitarist and a complete gent... we will miss you...".

The rocker joined Motorhead in 1984 and played with the band for 11 years, appearing on six studio albums. His "Wurzel" nickname stemmed from his resemblance to the fictional character Worzel Gummidge.

After he left Motorhead, Burston played for several other punk and metal bands, including WVKEAF and Disgust. He reunited with his former bandmates in 2009, joining them for a gig at London's Hammersmith Apollo, where they performed their classic song "Ace of Spades" together.

He formed his own band, Leader of Down, but plans to release an album last year never materialized.

Burston reportedly died of ventricular fibrillation, caused by cardiomyopathy, better known as heart disease.
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx ... &gt1=28102
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Anyone know if the new Scorpions album, Comeblack, is scheduled for a US release? I can get it on import, but it's almost $20, which is a bit steep given what it is. Can't find (legal) MP3s.

It's half re-recorded versions of some of their hits, which I don't care much about, and half covers. Covers of good stuff, like the Stones' "Paint It Black" and T-Rex's "Children of the Revolution." And, of course, this, which defies belief in how awesome it is:
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Damn, that's a bitchin' cover.

Does the album have The Deuce's Official Theme Song on it?
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky

Post by anarky »

No, but I found it on a compilation of older stuff called Hot & Slow: Best Masters of the 70s. It's from an old album called In Trance that's out of print (and kinda pricey).
Ran

Post by Ran »

Some sellers on Amazon have it for $9.50 + $3 Shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

And I don't mean to sound like a feminine hygiene product, but the Rolling Stones song is Ruby Tuesday.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Damn. Still a great song. I don't know why I was thinking "Paint It Black."

I didn't look that closely this morning; maybe I should've. When I first saw the listing, the 3rd party sellers were more than Amazon, and I didn't check today. $12 is still a bit high for basically half an album, but better than $19.
Doctor Douche
bacon
Location: FUCKING EDWARD DRINKER COPE OVER AT EVERY TURN!!! BWA-HA-HA!!

Post by Doctor Douche »

Ran wrote:And I don't mean to sound like a feminine hygiene product....
YES!!! YES YOU DO!!!

DENY NOT THE DOUCHINESS!! SAY "YES" TO BEING A DOUCHE!!! ALLOW THE CLEANSING OF DIRTY VAGINAS TO BECOME YOUR NEW PURPOSE!!!

I CAN FEEL THE VINEGAR FLOWING THROUGH YOU!! SOON, YOU WILL BE BY MY SIDE!!

SO QUEEFS DOUCHE!!!!!!!!
SOON, THE RIVERS OF EARTH WILL RUN WITH CLEANSING VINEGAR, AND YOU WILL TREMBLE BEFORE DOUCHE LIKE LITTLE GIRLIES WITH POOP IN THEIR DIAPERS!!!!!

FOR DOUCHE DAY COMETH FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!!!!!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I was hoping he wouldn't show up.
anarky wrote:Damn. Still a great song. I don't know why I was thinking "Paint It Black."

I didn't look that closely this morning; maybe I should've. When I first saw the listing, the 3rd party sellers were more than Amazon, and I didn't check today. $12 is still a bit high for basically half an album, but better than $19.
I didn't catch it at first either. I think I skimmed it too quickly and saw "Rolling Stones" and "Tainted" from Tainted Love and turned it into "Paint". When I looked at the list the second time I caught it.
anarky

Post by anarky »

The Scorpions album is coming out here in February or March. Amazon's got it "officially" listed now.

I checked out Christopher Lee's Charlemagne album from the library. It's interesting. The words are rather corny, truth be told, and it might be unfair to credit it to Lee when he's only playing the part of Charlemagne in what's more or less a rock opera, more spoken than sung. It was in the "classical" section at the library, and it's mostly orchestral. When the guitars come out, they sound cool, but nothing staggering. "The Bloody Verdict of Verdun" is the most rocking number, and it's probably no coincidence that most references to the album as a metal album use the bit with Lee singing (not talking in this case) "I shed the blood of the Saxon men" over and over to some of the heaviest music on the album.

It's good, but not great, and I'm not sure at all anyone should call it heavy metal. It could be, if it wasn't entirely orchestral, with maybe six minutes total of electric guitar on the whole album.

Truth be told, it reminded me rather a lot of Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Who you should check out if you haven't. After all, they're what's left of Savatage with orchestral backing and a more "family friendly" name.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Here is a band called Adrenaline Mob. They are sort of a "super group". I say sort of because it is made up of guys from Dream Theater, Fozzy, and Symphony X (who I never heard of). This song sort of sounds like Godsmack with a hint of black album Metallica. I wish the audio was better, but this is the only one I could find.

anarky

Post by anarky »

Any of you familiar with a Finnish band called Nightwish? I just heard a track from them while flipping through the TV Music Choice channels. Sounded quite good; not especially heavy, but a cool juxtaposition of a more pop-sounding female vocalist over metal--a lot like what everyone thought Evanescence would sound like when they first heard "Bring Me to Life" (but before they realized most of their stuff was whiny crap).
Ran

Post by Ran »

Haven't seen this video in years. Did Lucas rip off this video and use it for Coruscant? The Scorpions may have even destroyed the Jedi Temple before Palpatine.

Ran

Post by Ran »

In the Avengers thread, vyn made a comment about RDJ being Iron Man. I was going to make a wise-ass dyslexic comment about Ronnie James Dio (RJD) singing "Iron Man". I decided not to interrupt it and just post the video here instead.

Note the \m/ at 1:45 and double \m/ at 2:04 and 2:20 and 3:05....you get the point.