Semi-Dayley dose of METAL

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Semi-Dayley dose of METAL

Post by anarky »

Mark Lanegan?

I love the Screaming Trees as much as the next guy, but I'd hardly consider him or them "metal."

Looks pretty fucking awesome anyway.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Chris Cornell did a solo acoustic album with songs from Soundgarden and Audioslave back in 2011. I didn't know about it until this weekend. Now I am going to have to track down a copy.

anarky

Post by anarky »

It's worth it. I didn't know there was a deluxe version, though. Don't make the same mistake.

I did see earlier that Soundgarden's 2014 box set of rarities is out of print. I hate when you can't afford something big at the time of release, and wait until you can only to find it was super-limited.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

This needs to be real. And I'm not shitting you.

Tonight's new episode had a longer version, but still not quite full.

vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

chris cornell is awesome. he's been touring solo kinda regularly. my wife got to work one of his shows around here and she is now a die-hard fan. she doesn't usually come home from work impressed with anyone, and more often than not is actually disenchanted (bryan adams, simon garfunkel, i'm looking in your directions).
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Okay, did YouTube change something? On my phone, all the videos now say the plugin is unsupported, when they were all showing up last night.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I have no idea how I missed this until now.

I read an interview with comic artist Nick Roche (who's done mostly Transformers), and his work with The Darkness came up. He actually provided art for a motion comic video to one of the songs from their latest album. And it would be a fucking great video even if it weren't one of the underrated greats doing the drawings.

Nick Roche artwork, hair metal, gratuitous violence, and tons of silly humor... now where might I have encountered all those things in one place before?

anarky

Post by anarky »

Double post. But worth it. If you're on FB, you saw this. But it still bears spreading around. They consider themselves metal, so I'm putting it here. Definitely the strangest thing I've seen all life.

Ran

Post by Ran »

It is GWAR meets Dinosaucers.
anarky

Post by anarky »

The crazy things you learn by accident.

I knew that Christian metal band Stryper started out as Roxx Regime, which basically split, with half the people starting Stryper and the other half starting Poison.

I had no idea that Eric Fucking Johnson was Roxx Regime's original bassist. (If you don't recognize the name, click here. You'll recognize his work. Or be introduced to and awestruck by it, at least.)

Or that Stryper lead singer Michael Sweet was later offered the lead vocalist position in Boston (which would've probably worked pretty well).
Ran

Post by Ran »

Back in 1984, well before it was popular, Ronnie James Dio was hitting Borgs from Star Trek in the nads with a lightsaber.

Ran

Post by Ran »

1. I'm going to buy Metallica S&M 2
2. When did James Hethfield turn into the Cowardly Lion?

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

S&M was laughably bad.

I'm not surprised they made S&M2. Metallica is the Tim Burton of music - nothing original or interesting in years and years.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

They did an album with Lou Reed. It was not very good.

They did an album with Rick Rubin. It was not bad, but not memorable.

I'm still wondering how anyone can pull off one of those failures, much less both. Reed and Rubin + Metallica should be amazing.