gorillaz

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

gorillaz

Post by vynsane »

first busting onto the scene with their song "clint eastwood" and their cool animated videos, i'm REALLY digging their newest single, "feel good inc." - just a really catchy beat with cool melodies. pretty rockin'.
mustard man
sloth

Post by mustard man »

my freind likes gorillaz. i am in the same room with him.[-+-]

oh, and why did you change your avatar!? just wondering...
toad licker
bacon

Post by toad licker »

there one of my fav bands, I have all there songs and cds. :)
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Doesn't Tood McFarlane's animation arm deal with that band's art? It's funky, but I'm not really familiar with their music at all. I should check it out. Is that tool from Blur still involved?
pyrofreak
sloth

Post by pyrofreak »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jjreason</i>
<br />Doesn't Tood McFarlane's animation arm deal with that band's art? It's funky, but I'm not really familiar with their music at all. I should check it out. Is that tool from Blur still involved?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
isn't it Todd McFarlane?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pyrofreak</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jjreason</i>
<br />Doesn't Tood McFarlane's animation arm deal with that band's art? It's funky, but I'm not really familiar with their music at all. I should check it out. Is that tool from Blur still involved?
isn't it Todd McFarlane?

actually it's "Tool McFarlane" since he's such a dickass.
toad licker
bacon

Post by toad licker »

mrsparkle<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vynsane</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pyrofreak</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jjreason</i>
isn't it Todd McFarlane?
[crazed] yah thats what I would call him[-+-][8D][???][:o)][cy][8][kitt]
pyrofreak
sloth

Post by pyrofreak »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vynsane</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pyrofreak</i>
isn't it Todd McFarlane?
well if he's a dickass wouldn't it be "dickass McFarlane"? i'm confused!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pyrofreak</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vynsane</i>
isn't it Todd McFarlane?
well if he's a dickass wouldn't it be "dickass McFarlane"? i'm confused!

quote string... too... long.

anyway, no. he wouldn't be dickass mcfarlane. let me put it this way: if he were a member of the vynsane forum, his name would be

Tool McFarlane
dickass

you see? it's like his sub-title.
pyrofreak
sloth

Post by pyrofreak »

ah! ok, i understand it now. MUAHAHAHHA! i have broken the quote string!!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

I like his art - but I checked the album jacket and I don't see TMP credited anywhere. I think maybe I had Gorillaz and Korn switched in my mind - yes, I know their music's diffent, I have albums from both bands - but they've both used comic-y art on album jackets.

About the tunes - the single is bangin. I think this disc is going to, like, grow on me or something.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I don't listen to much current pop music, but I knew enough to know these guys are cartoons or something.

However, I was listening to some old CDs by a great 90s rapper called Del Tha Funkee Homosapien. And I started doing a little digging, wondering where the guy was now.

Holy crap!! Del is one of the Gorillaz!! I have to buy this album now!!

If you've never heard his song with Dinosaur Jr from the Judgment Night soundtrack ("Missing Link") go get it <b>NOW!</b> The whole soundtrack is great, so just get the whole thing.

If nothing else, how often does a rapper name-drop both Kitty Pryde and the Molecule Man in a single song?

And how many rappers have their picture taken in the classic Superman #75 "Bleeding 'S'" logo for their sophomore album?

Del rules.
Dell Rusk
IMPOSTOR!!!

Post by Dell Rusk »

i really like gorizllas they are kewl and they rock. i especially love that song they did with the guy from blackstreet boyz ii men. "where is the love, ooh baby, roll over girl let me put it in you"
The Goat
bacon

Post by The Goat »

BAAAA!!!!!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: gorillaz

Post by anarky »

I found two compilations, D-Sides and G-Sides, today at a thrift store in immaculate condition. They're remixes and non-album tracks, stuff I wouldn't have paid full price for. But for a buck, yup.

Curiously, out of 31 tracks, there's only one remix each of "Clint Eastwood" and "Feel Good Inc."
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!