Motorhead just plain rules

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Motorhead just plain rules

Post by mabudon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvGpX2A-WAQ

I just had to devote a thread to the most kick-ass band ever :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Motorhead just plain rules

Post by Ran »

The Lemmy movie premiers on VH-1 Classic tonight. The DVD comes on next week.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Watched Lemmy last night.
Fucking Awesome.

Then I sketched this out, with the idea that it could be an Ace of Spades done in the style of a Jack/Queen/King with the mirror reverse on top/bottom.
Attachments
Lemmy.jpg
Lemmy.jpg (65.35 KiB) Viewed 4821 times
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I actually saw it over a month ago through grey-market channels and I thought it was pretty much what it had to be- there is also a real good 2 hour doc called "live fast die old" that is 2 hours worth of footage shot by some girl who went on a UK tour with motorhead- the best part was that it featured a lot more of the rest of the band, who are hilarious in their own right

first part is here then follow the links
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

ohellyes
:beard: :mabs: :ducks:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/motorheads-l ... 15124.html
Motorhead's 'Lemmy' has dino croc named after him

Paris (AFP) - A team of music-mad scientists unveiled an extinct, sea-dwelling crocodile from the Jurassic period on Wednesday, which they named in honour of Motorhead lead singer Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister who died in 2015.

"Lemmysuchus" -- Latin for Lemmy's crocodile -- was about 5.8 metres (19 feet) long and had a skull of more than a metre -- similar to a modern-day saltwater crocodile to which it is only distantly related.

"It would have been one of the largest coastal predators of its time," researchers from the Natural History Museum said in a statement.

"The teeth were large and blunt, perfect for crushing prey such as turtles."

Lemmy's croc was dug up at Peterborough in England in the early 20th century. But it was recently re-examined and found to have been incorrectly lumped with other sea crocodiles from the area.

Given that it belonged to a unique group, the creature "needed a new scientific name," said the statement.

"Natural History Museum curator Lorna Steel was still mourning the demise of her favourite band, and suggested that it should be named after her musical hero."

"Although Lemmy passed away at the end of 2015, we'd like to think that he would have raised a glass to Lemmysuchus, one of the nastiest sea creatures ever to have inhabited the Earth," the statement quoted Steel as saying.

Lemmy, a chain-smoker who boasted of drinking a bottle of Jack Daniel's a day and of sleeping with more than 1,000 women, died in December 2015 at the age of 70 in Los Angeles.

He formed Motorhead, a metal band, in 1975.