Cheap CD buys

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Cheap CD buys

Post by anarky »

Not sure quite why I ended up looking around Amazon, but they've got a metric shit-ton of classic heavy metal albums on CD for less than $5. (One Anthrax album was $2.99.) A lot of Dio (including Rainbow and Elf stuff), Anthrax, Scorpions, Manowar, Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force, Accept, and Dokken (okay, not sure why so many by the last one were listed under "Customers also bought"). Quite a few older Motorhead, Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath albums just above the $5 mark.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Walmert restocked their $5 cd section. They had Metallica (Master of Puppets and Load), Godsmack (the Oracle), Alice in Chains (Nothing Safe: Best of the Box). There were also 2 different Halestorm albums.
anarky

Post by anarky »

The self-titled and The Strange Case of Halestorm? I'm assuming so, since I think only one of the ReAnimate EP's was released physically, and isn't common.

Just get 'em both. You can't lose. :D

I did notice the WM near me had the deluxe remastered edition of Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for $11.88. I have the remaster from the 90s, and don't need the actual album, but the extra stuff looked interesting. Some cover versions by newer acts, and, much cooler, a partial concert from around the time of release that had a live version of "All the Girls Love Alice." I had no idea he'd ever performed that live, much less recorded it for posterity. That song fucking kicks ass. Okay, the whole damn album fucking kicks ass. It's like Exhibit A when someone says Elton is wuss rock. The only slightly weak track is "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting," and then only because it got way overplayed for a while.

Didn't pick it up, though. But $12 for the album and the extra stuff would be a steal if you don't have it (and you should).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Im sure pricing varies from city to city, but the local Salvation Army has all CDs $1, or 5/$1. Needless to say, I'd grab four I was ambivalent on to save the money if it came to it.

With a lot of people ditching the format altogether, and Salvation Army being the place shit is most commonly dumped, I've found a metric ton of good stuff for less than $20 over the past few months. And, at the price, I'm totally willing to say, "I heard this name once in a positive or at least not-negative light. Boom!" Or to say, "Scratched, but probably not enough to be a problem."
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Got the Prince 1999 CD for $3.51 at Target on clearance.