Stupid Music Questions

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Stupid Music Questions

Post by Ran »

Why did Kid Rock feel it was necessary to change the lyrics to Sweet Home Alabama to some shitty song about Michigan? (no offense to the state of Michigan)

Def Leppard teams up with Tim McGraw?

Man-Raze. I don't think they qualify as a "super-group". But couldn't they come up with a better name?
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Stupid Music Questions

Post by anarky »

The Tim McGraw song, they maintain it's because Tim is such a huge Def Leppard fan and not because of the label imposing itself on them. Umm, rrrrrrrrright. You keep telling yourselves that. On the plus side, it's not bad, but not a high point of their new album.

What I think is funny is the tendency of rock acts to "go country," only they're not doing anything different. Take Bon Jovi, for instance. They put out a supposedly country album about a year ago. There's nothing new about it. Dust off Keep the Faith or These Days, and you're not going to hear a whole lot of difference. It's the saying they're doing a country record that makes the difference.

Jewel is pretty goofy about this, too. On her major label releases, in order, she's done an alternative/folk album, an adult contemporary album, a Christmas album, a country album, a whore-pop album, another folk album, and now another country album. Only this new one is the first time she's admitted to doing a country album, so that's the kicker. :roll:

It's fucktarded. Johnny Cash never consciously said, "This one is a folk record." You just get out there and record what you're good at. (In Bon Jovi's case, the same lite metal and second-rate Mellencamp they've always done, and in Jewel's case, apparently nothing for more than a month at a time.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I actually heard that ridiculous Kid Rock song last night. It seems to be mostly Werewolves of London with shitty, bland singing on top of it and a little bit of Sweet Home Alabama in there. I guess those two songs do sound alike a little bit (the chords, anyway), but each is about a thousand times better than what Kid Rock did to them . . .
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

The "new" (I use the term loosely, as there isn't really a new song there, just a Diddy-esque three minutes of sampling) Kid Rock song is absolutely retarded and completely inescapable here due to the fact that its "set" in Michigan and every frat-tard can say, "He's talking about our spot up north, brah! You know, that one where I finger blasted that 14-year-old while you got a gummer from her grandma!" *fist bump*
:grillmarks:
anarky

Post by anarky »

I hate to admit it, but I once sorta respected Kid Rock as a purveyor of catchy bad taste, but with some really obscure rock samples (Queen's "Dragon Attack," Fleetwood Mac's "Second Hand News"), but everything he's done since "Picture" is pretty weak.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

My wife, God Bless her, has horrible taste in music. She loves that shitty Kid Rock song.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

Diabolical wrote:My wife, God Bless her, has horrible taste in music. She loves that shitty Kid Rock song.
I thought it was awesome the first time I heard it due to the sampling of "Werewolves of London". After the initial "hey, that's pretty cool" wore off I realized that the song made my speakers smell like shit.
:grillmarks:
BumCake
sloth

Post by BumCake »

OH. MY. GAH.
Out of curiosity, I went and listened to that Kid Rock garbage shit and long story short, I have to attend rape counseling for my cochlea.

BAWITDABA DA BANG A DANG DIGGY DIGGY DIGGY SAID KID ROCK IS WHITE TRASH AND HAS NO TALENT IN MUSIC.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Not so much a "stupid" music question as it is a "I am stuck at work while the producers and editors work on an episode so I can take a copy of it to a bunch of people's homes at 2:00AM that they probably won't watch until Monday morning anyway, so I find myself looking up weird information as the mood strikes me and I can't find the answer to what should be somewhere on the internet" question.

WHAT is the name of the young actress in the Cher music video "Believe"?
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Ran

Post by Ran »

Has there been a documented case of a white woman trying to rap since Blondie did "Rapture"?
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I think Madonna tried it a few years ago.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Gwen Stefani embarrassed herself trying, too.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Rollo Tomassi wrote:
WHAT is the name of the young actress in the Cher music video "Believe"?
Can't find it either. I'm assuming you're talking about the French looking one with the medium brown bob haircut?
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

This morning, I was listening to a talk radio show. As they were coming back from commercial, they played what I thought was Werewolves of London. I was wrong. It was that Kid Rock song. It still sucks. In fact, it may have gotten worse.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Remember back in the 90s when bands thought it was funny to have a hidden track on CDs by leaving a long silence between the last song and the hidden song? When you have a bunch of those CDs burned to whatever phone/mp3 player you use now, those songs get really annoying.