STP

uh, y'know, the sounds that sound good together... sometimes... and sometimes sounds like the disgusting "squish squish" sound Slicker's mom makes whenever she walks

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

STP

Post by Diabolical »

Lame-ass heroin jokes aside, is anyone else excited about Stone Temple Pilots reuniting besides me and probably Antropov?

They had their first televised performance since the reunion on Jimmy Kimmel tonight and it was great.

They've been my favorite band since the first time I heard Sex Type Thing back in 92/93 (even though it was Plush that totally sold me on them).
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Seven
knightrider

Re: STP

Post by Seven »

wait, wait, wait, I just heard from a classmate of mine that the singer is back in prison. He has tickets for their upcoming concert and no one knows if the guy will be out of prison in time or not??

That's what I heard anyway. And I believe everything I hear.
The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an Amusement Park.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Prison? No.
An 8 day jail sentence? Yes.
TMZ.com wrote:Rock star Scott Weiland has just been sentenced to 192 hours in county jail for his November DUI arrest. This is Weiland's second DUI offense. He has until May 28 to serve the sentence.

Scott, who was not present in court today, entered a no contest plea through his attorney, Anthony Brooklier. The former Velvet Revolver singer was also ordered to complete an 18-month alcohol program and pay almost $2,000 in fines. He will be put on a four-year summary probation.

Weiland was charged with one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence of alcohol with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law. We are told he was over the legal limit of .08%, but not by much.

According to the police report, he failed the field sobriety tests and refused to take a blood or urine test. He was booked for DUI and released on $40,000 bail.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'm sorta excited. Like I've said, I've got to be honest and admit I'm more interested in what goes down with the other members of Velvet Revolver. I'd kill to see Izzy Stradlin rejoin his old bandmates, maybe bring in Sebastian Bach for vocals. Even Gilby would be welcome, as he is a very talented man who gets a bad rap for replacing Izzy. What'd be fucking wicked as shit is if Chris Cornell joined (not sure if he was ever under consideration, or even interested, but the man rocks).

But, yeah, looking forward to new STP.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

shit, dude, i've been a fan of mighty joe young... er... i mean stone temple pilots since the beginning... one of the few bands that got a new album purchase unheard (usually waited to hear three singles before a purchase, but STP and other bands got a pass on that stipulation). definitely interested...
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

I'm not sure if I'd use the word "excited", but I'm glad STP is back. They're quality rock and/or roll, and that's certainly a genre that has been sadly lacking as of late.

Does anyone have a link to their performance last night?
:grillmarks:
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Not on there yet, but it should be soon: http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel/garage/index.html
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

What if they had called themsleves Stone Temple Drivers instead? Then they would be STDs. :|
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Well, one of the earliest meanings behind the STP letters (I forget what that is called right now) was Shirley Temple's Pussy.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Grimlock likes Creed.

Last night in Tampa STP canceled a show fairly late.
Reports vary, but apparently everyone but Scott Weiland was there and ready to play, but he never made it. The opening act (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club) played for 90 minutes to fill time. At approximately 10:30pm someone came on stage and said the show was canceled because Scott was stuck in some of the nasty shit coming down in Florida, which is all well and good, except the Tampa area wasn't getting hit. People instantly smelled the bullshit and jumped to conclusions that Scott overdosed or was dead, ect.
The real "official" story has yet to be released by STP's management, but a bunch of muthafukkas are all in a tizzy about it, still jumping to conclusions and calling for Scott Weiland's head.

Yeah, it sucks a show got canceled, but it does happen with big name bands from time to time. And just because it involves Scott Weiland people are gonna be assholes about it before they even know the truth. This is currently STP's 3rd longest tour of their career, and with a few minor bumps along the way, things seem to be going well.

Since last night around 11:15pm, an STP message board I frequent has had a topic with 7 pages of posts. "I'm done with these assholes" "Fuck them" "Screw u Scott Weiland" ect ect ect.
Its sounds like a bunch of fucking high schoolers.

I swear this band will never get the drug monkey off their back.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Grimlock has Celine Dion downloaded into what constitutes his brain.

Not only is STP back together, but on November 25 Scott Weiland is releasing his much delayed (by years) second solo album, titled "Happy in Galoshes."

He's debuted the first single, "Missing Cleveland," on his Myspace page.
I'm really loving it, which is no surprise to me, since there has never been a STP/VR/Solo song that I haven't liked.

But I'm curious what people that aren't huge fans think.
Could you kids give it a listen and tell me what you think?
http://www.myspace.com/scottweiland
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I tried but couldn't get it to start playing. I'll try again later or just dl the track. Apparently their show here in Toronto (search Edgefest 2008 for real reviews) was killer, even though the weather tanked a bit.
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

On the STP board I frequent, someone said they changed the tune to Paralysis (the one from Spin.com), but it looks like that song is gone right now.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

The Scott Weiland album came out yesterday.
The man has yet to record a song I don't like.

Even though nobody here cares...
Best Buy has an exclusive double disc version of the album. Pretty weird to release a regular version everywhere and give an entire second disc as an exclusive, but I'm just happy a two disc was released. It was originally announced as a double album, then the double info was dropped and it appeared to be a single disc, until a few weeks ago when BB announced the exclusive. The BB exclusive also has a redemption card for a free t-shirt.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

*puts down the shovel and tosses aside a crusted cybernetic dinosaur skull*

Back on Tuesday, Cappy/Antropov and I got to see STP and good goddamn it was amazing.
Best. Birthday. Ever.
The show was so good, I'm still hard.

I finally got to meet and hang out with some very internet friends I've known for a while, from the first message board "home" I ever had (and still frequent). Hell, the one chick I've known for close to 10 years now.

And by the time I got home that night, a good quality version of one of the songs was already online. The rest of the show popped up late the next day.
God bless the bootleggers.

Here are some of the best pics I took.