a year later...

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Jedi Knightrider 3000
sloth

a year later...

Post by Jedi Knightrider 3000 »

i really just can't believe it's been an entire year...

an entire year since the world went insane, as my mom put it...

an entire year since i thought my dad might've been buried by the debris of the WTC...

sobering...
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

All these retrospectives and memorials everywhere is starting to get to me. I only watched a few minutes last night (9/10) before I had to turn it off and read old comic books. Nothing calms the agitated nerve like vintage G.I.Joe.
jdr3
sloth

Post by jdr3 »

I know it's now officially past a year (by about 8 days) but it takes me awhile still to reflect on it all and try to take it all in. There was so much craziness in the city that day, yet a calm that was the worst thing that I ever felt. The city was silent...absolutely silent....the scariest sound of all is no sound at all....too many voices were silenced that day....silence is scary
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Another year. It still hurts.
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I was lucky enough not to have known anyone that got killed that day. It still hurts everytime I go back and see the empty skyline. It still chokes me up and all. I guess the pain can never go away.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

On my wall I have a poster of Ocean's 11. It was the teaser poster with the feet standing on a giant red 11. I have not taken it down since the day it happened. Taped to the front of the poster are two things. One is a construction paper American flag my five year old daughter made, with uneven stripes, and green marker stars. The other is a hardcopy of an editorial from the Miami Herald by Leonard J Pitts, written Sept. 12th, 2001. It is called

<b>We'll go forward from this moment</b>

It's my job to have something to say.

They pay me to provide words that help make sense of that which troubles the American soul. But in this moment of airless shock when hot tears sting disbelieving eyes, the only thing I can find to say, the only words that seem to fit, must be addressed to the unknown author of this suffering.

You monster. You beast. You unspeakable bastard.

What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's attack on our World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us? What was it you hoped we would learn? Whatever it was, please know that you failed.

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.

Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.

Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.

Let me tell you about my people. We are a vast and quarrelsome family, a family rent by racial, social, political and class division, but a family nonetheless. We're frivolous, yes, capable of expending tremendous emotional energy on pop cultural minutiae - a singer's revealing dress, a ball team's misfortune, a cartoon mouse. We're wealthy, too, spoiled by the ready availibility of trinkets and material goods, and maybe because of that, we walk through life with a certain sense of blithe entitlement. We are fundamentally decent, though - peace loving and compassionate. We struggle to know the right thing and to do it. And we are, the overwhelming majority of us, people of faith, believers in a just and loving God.

Some people - you, perhaps - think that any or all of this makes us weak. You're mistaken. We are not weak. Indeed, we are strong in ways that cannot be measured by arsenals.

<b>IN PAIN</b>

Yes, we're in pain now. We are in mourning and we are in shock. We're still grappling with the unreality of the awful thing you did, still working to make ourselves understand that this isn't a special effect from some Hollywood blockbuster, isn't the plot development from a Tom Clancy novel. Both in terms of the awful scope of their ambition and the probable final death toll, your attacks will are likely to go down in the history of the United States and, probably, the history of the world. You've bloodied us as we have never been bloodied before.

But there's a gulf of difference between making us bloody and making us fall. This is the lesson Japan was taught to its bitter sorrow the last time anyone hit us this hard, the last time anyone brought such abrupt and monumental pain. When roused, we are righteous in our outrage, terrible in our force. When provoked by this level of barbarism, we will bear any suffering, pay any cost, go to any length, in the pursuit of justice.

I tell you this without fear of contradiction. I know my people, as you, I think, do not. What I know reassures me. It also causes me to tremble with dread of the future.

In the days to come, there will be recrimination and accusation, fingers pointing to determine whose failure allowed this to happen and what can be done to prevent it from happening again. There will be heightened security, misguided talk of revoking basic freedoms. We'll go forward from this momentsobered, chastened, sad. But determined, too. Unimaginably determined.

<b>THE STEELIN US</b>

You see, the steel in us is not always readily apparent. That aspect of our character is seldom understood by people who don't know us well. On this day, the family's bickering is put on hold.

As Americans we will weep, as Amaericans we will mourn, and as Americans, we will rise in defense of all that we cherish.

So I ask you again: What was it you hoped to teach us? It occurs to me that maybe you just wanted us to know the depths of your hatred. If that's the case, consider the meassage recieved. And take this message in exchange: You don't know my people. You don't know what we're capable of. You don't know what you just started.

But you're about to learn.
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

The whole think is just terrible. To imagine what those soulless devils brought upon their OWN people, their OWN women and children is just unimagineable. I can't understand the scope of their hatred for the US, or (as said above) what exactly they thought this would achieve.

Big fucking deal, you knocked down 2 buildings. They levelled your country. But you knew that would happen, didn't you? Since I know you're insane for even dreaming up this terror, for allowing yourself to be entertained in this manner, I won't try to appeal to your sense of decency by asking "why", you cowardly fuck. Personally, Im eased just by knowing that you WILL get exactly what you deserve. Sooner, later, makes no difference to me. I hope that for the last few seconds that your exhalations pollute this planet you feel enough pain to trivialize that which you've caused - extreme, horrifying pain. Pain no one deserves to feel. You deserve every bit of it, coward.
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Re: a year later...

Post by Zero »

*sigh*

Yup. Still hurts. A little less. But it's still there. :(
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

I dont think the pain ever goes away.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

it seems to be affecting me more this year than previously. something to do with having a family now. irrational feelings of ever losing my daughter or leaving her fatherless.

the same anger is still there. not at "the terrorists" whoever they are, but at how almost commercial it's become, and how it was used and abused to take our freedoms and rights away. we're in a new fake cold war, with this ethereal "enemy" that isn't even the subject of our most expansive military effort right now.

osama bin laden has become little more than the "doctor douche" of the real world: an enemy that will never actually be caught or killed, because then there's no supreme bad guy to spout his nefarious yet indistinct plans for use in the next story line that will get the general populace interested in how the heroes "prevail" - remember "mission accomplished"? what a fuckin' joke.

mission accomplished, alright. if by mission you mean keeping the american people nice and scared so they'll remain complacent while you rape their freedom. accomplished indeed.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

At least Doctor Douche died.

I'm still expecting there to be September 11 sales within the next two years. This year, it officially seems the media no longer gives a shit, aside from replacing all the shows on the supposedly educational channels with specials about what we've already known for about six years.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

The media has a tight line to walk- they MUST keep hammering in the mythical significance of the events of 9-11 RE the course of action ostensibly taken in "response"

The many thousands of deaths after that day perpetrated by Canada, the US and Britain kinda make the "tradegy" into something extremely perverse, so rather than editorialize it's more important to repeat the "THE DAY EVERYTHING CHANGED" Mantra

That way when the entire fucking GLOBE lights up after the Iran situation gets "hot", the plebes can feel a grim satisfaction of at least taking a bunch of "those bastards" down with them while their entire "way of life" gets wiped out by the actions of the VERY PEOPLE who swear that protecting said "way of life" is their goal

Sorry to vent a little, I do not mean to disparage the loss on that day (and I couldn't do anything NEAR what the Bush admin has done to shit all over the "sacred memory", wrapping it in lies and death)

Our own fuckin Prime Minister is tying a new hitch to the Bush admin every day, and the way the stupid fucker blathers on about the "meaning of 9/11 to us as Canadians" it makes me fucking FURIOUS.

Right, no more politics from this cowboy, and I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

duh peopel, it was just a moveie!
NOW THAT IS A GOD DAM GAYE ROBAT!!! LOOK A THAT FUCKIN DICK ON HIS HAND, HE PROBLY SUX IT EVER NITE CUZ HE IS A GAY FAG LIEK U FAGGETS!! MAN, U FAGS LIEK ROBAT DONG HANDS UP UR GAY ASSES DON'T U, HA HA HA HA HA HA I NEW IT!!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

In bin Laden's new video, it looks like he stole Pavarotti's hair dye.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Snigtad Flornbi wrote:duh peopel, it was just a moveie!
I can't express in words how much you have failed humanity, Snigtad.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.