I'm a geek with access to Photoshop

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: I'm a geek with access to Photoshop

Post by anarky »

Still, the Pretender Classics being launched right around the time he took over on the US book...
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

...allowed Furman to resurrect four deactivated characters...
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

...and, in doing so...
anarky

Post by anarky »

...bring back his two obvious favorite characters.
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Post by Zero »

KNOCK IT OFF YOU TWO.
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Tom Foolery wrote:And outside the wheelhouse of the Transformers core notion.
I don't recall hearing the term "wheelhouse" before until a couple months ago. Now I hear it almost daily.
Ran

Post by Ran »

...and I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ran wrote:...and I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.
Grimlock "died" in the most recent issue of Transformers. Died is in quotes because he went over a cliff and you don't actually see a body. Also, it's a comic book and he's a fictional character.

Grimlock is also a semi-present Moderator here in the forums, whose biggest pet peeve is post padding.
Since he's "dead" they're taking advantage by irreverently padding the fuck out of their posts. Irony!!

The term "wheelhouse" was coined by JjReason back in the 1880s at the tender age of thirty.
Ha! Youuu are OLD, bitch!!!
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

Marvel Grimlock is the "real" Grimlock. IDW Grimlock is the "Ultimate" Grimlock. All you other Grim-Shadies are just imitatin'.

Yeah, we're supposed to believe he's dead, but there's too much subtext for me to believe that's the case.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Grim-Shadies. I like it.

Does that include War Within Grimmy?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

Has any other Transformer died falling off a cliff? It would take a hell of a cliff to kill Grimlock.
Tom Foolery wrote:The term "wheelhouse" was coined by JjReason back in the 1880s at the tender age of thirty.
Ha! Youuu are OLD, bitch!!!
Burn! He got you good, bitch.

Oh wait. That has to be translated into Canadian.

Holy smokes! He got you good, hoser. Eh?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Holy fucking shit, if we had a "like" button, you'd have gotten a million clicks. :lol:

Foolery, War Within Grimlock would be canon, but, unfortunately, he's a version who will eventually become a Decepticon for a while because Pat Lee is a fucktard, so he ultimately doesn't count. That's a hard decision, because he was awesome and also because of those two guys who wrote and drew War Within, whom I'm sure never did any other TF work ever, particularly not some of the best.

Ran, Marvel-continuity Transformers are usually a bit less immortal than their cartoon counterparts (if you discount the movie). Megatron and Shockwave both suffered severe damage from relatively short falls (okay, Shockwave's was pretty far, but he's capable of atmospheric and space flight in both modes). They also, with only a few exceptions, cannot fly in robot mode. Grimlock and Scorponok fell into a chasm that's supposed to go straight to the core of the planet.

Of course, Hot Rod's poking around down there to find the chamber where the creator of the Transformers slumbers, and Simon Furman practically has a love affair with Grimlock, so I'm thoroughly unconvinced he's dead. Scorpy, though, is dead. Again. (Don't ask. It boils down to, being a Headmaster, he could die twice.)
anarky

Post by anarky »

In the FB commentary on the 5-page RG1 #91 preview, Furman is still referring to Grimlock in present tense, but talks about Megatron in the past tense. I imagine that's not a slip-up.

Also, I think it's really obvious who the big player we haven't seen in RG1 yet who will appear in #91 is, and I'm also thinking it's obvious that he's also the huge G2 nod in the same issue. It's almost as if Furman is looking at the finite number of issues and saying, "Gee, axe us!"
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I can neither confirm nor deny your suspicions. However if you 'Rook' closely, you'll spot a certain G2 Henchbot lurking. I was all "Oh, sweet obscurity! I had totally forgotten about you!"
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"