Why does Jack get all the love?

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Why does Jack get all the love?

Post by anarky »

Came across an anecdote about this weird character in a book I was reading about Louisiana music and immediately thought, "Holy shit, I've got to look this mofo up!" He's like Jack the Ripper in New Orleans, listening to jazz music!

Basically, a mysterious man who was only ever described as "dressed in dark clothing" used an axe to hack into the doors of people in New Orleans and the surrounding communities (mostly, if not all, grocers and their families, for some reason) and chopped the shit out of people with his axe. He sometimes left the axe on the scene, and didn't always kill all his intended victims. His body count matched the confirmed (or at least very strongly suspected) Jack the Ripper count in about half the time. He occasionally left messages for the police nearby.

And, weirdest of all, he wrote a letter (no doubt inspired by the more famous psycho from London) to the press, claiming to be a demon from Hell, and promising to attack at a particular time on a certain night... but would spare everyone who had jazz music playing in their house!

It's pretty frickin' cool. Well, not cool. I mean, he was a killer and people died. But you know what I mean. My point is, why does one hookercidal maniac in England get all the attention when we had an equally bizarre unsolved case on this side of the Atlantic?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!