Black Friday deals?

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Black Friday deals?

Post by Ran »

This week's TRU ad has buy 1 get half off on Legos (except for Star Wars and Ninjago). They also have 2 for $12.99 Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Spiderman, Iron Man, Thor, and Capt. America...not that there is anything new out worth buying.
Turdeto
bacon

Post by Turdeto »

Diabolical wrote: Slightly off-topic, but I haven't heard any stories about what this years "must-have" toy is supposed to be - anyone know?
This. Buy it now!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Here is a 40% off one gift item for Barnes & Noble good until 12/24. Apparently, it works on Legos and everything else they have. It is in-store only, so you have to print it out and hop in the car.
http://i39.tinypic.com/10gmlg4.jpg
Ran

Post by Ran »

My wife and I were looking though Black Friday ads. There really isn't much to get excited about this year. We will probably venture out later in the afternoon to hit Sears for a drill and Fry's Electronics. We're thinking about getting a new home theater receiver and speakers. Nothing fancy. The one we have is functional, but a bit out of date. It can't handle HDTV.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I haven't seen anything awesome. WM had Wii Play Motion for, I think, $15. The Target near us was demoing the dinosaur hunting mini-game from that, and that alone would be well worth that price. I think they might've had Lego Batman 2 for the same price. But those are hardly HOLY FUCKING SHIT I HAVE TO CAMP OUT!!!!! sorts of deals.

I figure I'll go by Target and WM later in the day and see what deals they have on DVDs (and maybe Blu-Rays) and CDs. If anything cool, I'll get 'em. If not, eh, oh well. I saw Walking Dead Season 1 for $8 somewhere, which might be worth searching for, but I would not be surprised if Amazon matches that one.

It boggles my mind to see all these places offering deals on $100 Dr Dre headphones, when you know 99% of people getting and using them will be using them to listen to MP3s and other compressed files. May as well get that big 52" HD flatscreen to watch some old VHS tapes.

I'm also guessing Nintendo screwed the pooch with getting the Wii-U out before Black Friday to get maximum hype, since no one's offering it. To be honest, I haven't paid any attention since I think that controller is stupid. (Keep in mind I still think the Wiimote is fucking awesome.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

All $10 toys at Walgreen are going to be 50% off. That should include GI Joe, so I will probably stop by to see if they have anything worthwhile.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm now guessing, in light of today's release date, that stores did not want to risk not having the Wii U on Friday.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Change in Black Friday plans. I think my wife wants to hit Walmart Thursday night, which may lead me to getting a couple PS3 games. Friday afternoon, we'll hit Best Buy and Sears. She wants a new camcorder. She says our current doesn't zoom very well. My youngest daughter is in gymnastics and will be starting to compete this year. My wife wants to be able to record our daughter and send the videos to our family.

After further review, my home theater needs will be put off because nothing I need will be on sale.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Already been to TRU and Target. Got Walking Dead 1, a huge fucking Thomas train set ("Cranky and Flynn to the Rescue"), the latest Thomas movie ("Blue Mountain Mystery"), some diapers and wipes, and a Spider-Man hoodie. Also the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack, which was the sort of thing I was surprised to see Target carrying, much less have on the BF sale.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Free shipping at HTS today, no minimum.

Kinda shitty if you want G.I. Joes. But they did have Evazan in stock when I looked, as well as Nom Anor and a few other figures that I don't believe exist at retail. Also many older Transformers Classics/Generations/Whatever-They're-Calling-the-Update-Line-on-Any-Given-Week figures are on sale, including Kup, who is one of the most fucking amazing action figures ever made.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Here is a groupon for Toys R Us. You give them $10, its worth $20 in store. It is good from 5PM today until Dec 24.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/toys-r-us- ... pittsburgh

Also 30% off one item at Barnes & Noble. It is good today through Nov 25.
http://toysnbricks.com/wp-content/uploa ... r-2012.jpg
Last edited by Ran on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I think I might be done with TRU for the rest of the season. Not sure, but definitely not leaning toward spending more money there with the dearth of action figures lately.

I got the B&N coupon in e-mail. I hate that they bought out Borders' lists. Borders sent awesome coupons all the time; unfortunately, it was too late for them when they started. B&N is one of the stingiest companies out there when it comes to discounts, so I definitely want to take advantage, especially since they have so many exclusive books. (There's an awesome-looking complete Lovecraft hardcover for $20 that only they sell; I might get that.)

Went to WM tonight, and they were pretty cleaned out. I got some Scooby-Doo movies for the kids, Batman Lego 2: DC Superheroes, and Kelly Clarkson's greatest hits for Anarky Jr. (I'll admit she's got a good voice and I'd rather listen to her than 99% of the other prefab shit out there.) Best Buy had Expendables and Valkyrie really cheap, but I opted to go to WM before getting them so I could see what they had, and their selection was ass. Might swing back for those, but, eh, no biggie if I don't.
anarky

Post by anarky »

And I've added Hugo and Walking Dead Season 2 (both on DVD), three The Stand/The Dark Tower comic hardcovers, a tome of the complete fiction of Lovecraft, and several things for the kids to my hauls (including three complete Thomas full-length movies).
Ran

Post by Ran »

We used the 30% off B&N coupon on a Lego set for one of the kids. I think they are each getting 3 sets, mostly from the Friends theme. My older daughter is getting the Seaside house, which we bought a couple weeks ago when it was on sale.

From Gamestop, we got a couple games for the kids, plus Arkham City for myself (buy 2 get 1 free on used games) plus, Diablo 3 for the PC. Normally $60, we got it for $40.

At Target, my wife bought some bed sheets she wanted. They were 50% off. She also got me a Max Payne 3/Grand Theft Auto 4 set for PS3. I already have GTA4, but it was only $25. Max Payne is usually $60.

Last year, EA had a 50% off games like Madden and NHL, and I was hoping they would do it again this year. They didn't. Instead they had a buy 1 get 1 half off. Its not as good of a deal as it sounds. The 50% off game is from last year, so in reality, you are getting $10 off an old game. Screw that. Might pick up last year's NHL game from Target since they have it on clearance for $11.

We missed getting the drill we wanted from Sears. That might mean we are making a trip to Home Depot tomorrow. We didn't go to Best Buy or Fry's, so I didn't get speakers or a receiver. Haven't used the $20 TRU Groupons yet.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Wednesday buys:
Best Buy: Firefly ($13), Jaws ($10) and Prometheus ($13) on Blu-Ray
Fletch and Dinner for Schmucks on DVD - $2 each.

Black Friday buys:
Best Buy: Iron Man 2 (Completes Marvel's Phase 1 on Blu-Ray), Project X, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - all on Blu-Ray, $4 each
Target: Where the Wild Things Are on Blu-Ray ($4)
Walmart: Kingdom of Heaven on Blu-Ray ($4) and Tintin on DVD ($5)

Between these and Wednesday's buys I spent $65 on roughly $223 (MSRP) worth of movies. Not bad.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.