Weird dinosaur question

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Weird dinosaur question

Post by anarky »

Please chime in, even if only to tell me you can't help me none.

I'm trying to come up with a list of about 12-20 of the most unique dinosaurs known. I have a reason for this, but, well, it's secret for the moment. (At least in an open forum like this.)

I want to stay away from most of the "usual suspects" like Tyrannosaurus rex or Triceratops. That doesn't mean they're not under consideration, but I want some representatives that are a bit more unusual or lesser-known. (For instance, instead of T Rex, I'm leaning toward Giganotosaurus or Carcharadontosaurus, both of which were similar but larger.)

I'm already 100% sold on the following:

Archaeopteryx
Baryonyx
Oviraptor
Therizinosaurus

Any more suggestions?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Re: Weird dinosaur question

Post by UKWildcat »

Well, can't really help you much. But there is a pretty crazy one that could swim. Not sure what the name or species is though. Here is a fossil of it at a museum:

"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
kidhuman
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by kidhuman »

Watch some old episodes of Friends, Ross rants off a few in them.
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

Good thinkin' kh.
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Dude, don't make me watch Friends. I'd rather eat my own sick.

UK, that one looks like a plesiosaur of some type (probably Plesiosaurus himself). It's technically not a dinosaur, though I'd allow it if not for a pretty good reason to not include any fully-aquatic dinos.

I also only want one flyer, who will be the Archaeopteryx.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

Well sorry for trying to help out! :x
anarky

Post by anarky »

No, I appreciate it, and if there were a way to include underwater dinos, that one would be a shoo-in.
UKWildcat
christopher walken

Post by UKWildcat »

So when are we going to get to find out what this is all about?
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

UKWildcat wrote:So when are we going to get to find out what this is all about?
Didn't you know? 'Nark is starting his own "Obscure Dinosaur Jurassic Park", because it's cheaper to clone Archaeopteryxes than it is to clone Tyrannosaurs.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Dammit! You weren't supposed to tell them!! :mad:
Double_G
megatron

Post by Double_G »

Damn, I forgot to tell you I had a problem with keeping secrets. :oops:
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

Don't forget Grimlock.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

UKWildcat wrote:Well, can't really help you much. But there is a pretty crazy one that could swim. Not sure what the name or species is though. Here is a fossil of it at a museum:

That might be a plesieosaur. (or whatever that one theory that the Loch Ness Monster is)

Screw Friends. Go watch some old episodes of Dinosaucers. There were some more obscure dinosaurs on that show. The Wikipedia entry has links to all the different types:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaucers

And here are a couple other links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguanodon

http://darrennaish.blogspot.com/2006/12 ... -clay.html
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

Penis-sore-us Sex
BumCake
sloth

Post by BumCake »

Anarky, are you a National Geographic subscriber? Because if so, the December 2007 issue is perfect for your question.

About a half an hour ago, I read this topic and then I went to go watch some t.v.

I ate some mustard & croutons and then I started watching Under The Tuscan Sun.

Desperately trying to masturbate to the Diane Lane's character, I happened to notice the December 2007 issue sitting on my coffee table. And on the front cover, it read, "BIG BAD BIZARRE DINOSAURS."

But here's a link to National Geographic online. They have some stuff and some photos on there of crazy ass dinos.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/ ... -text.html