steve colbert in '08!

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

vynsane
master of the universe

steve colbert in '08!

Post by vynsane »

okay, seriously. we should do write-in votes if he doesn't make it to the ballot. although, anarky, you'll be disturbed to know he's completely anti-bear...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/Vote2008/story?id=3742682
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: steve colbert in '08!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

I think the same people who would vote for him would vote for a Democratic candidate, so while this is funny and I'm a huge fan of his, if he fucks up the election, I'll be pissed.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

You mean like of like when Ross Perot ran and took votes away from George Sr. leaving slick Willie to win with 43% of the popular vote?

The Republicans are quite unpopular these days and the Democrats are out to prove they can lose any election. I wonder if there are enough voters that are sick of the Republicans and the Democrats to actually vote for a third party candidate.

I really don't know much about Colbert other than when he did that "corn laden poop sandwich" bit on the Daily Show back when Craig Kilborn was the host. Every time I've seen him he is in character. Where exactly does he fit?
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the funny thing is, i'm sure his politics is in line with those of the daily show, but his character is like the hard-nosed conservatives, so he could steal votes from BOTH sides of the great divide.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

It's funny, because you can tell if you watch closely and pay attention to the way he says things that he's a moderate, maybe slightly left of center, but so many people on the far right believe he's one of them. And then there's people like Pelosi, who is pretty far left, and still takes him seriously.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Twiki
bacon

Post by Twiki »

Code: Select all

You needn't worry.  History shows Stephen Colbert did NOT win the 2008 presidential election.  You would be surprised who does win though. Very surprised.
code wrote:Bidi Bidi Bidi....okay Buck!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Fuck the South Carolina Democrats.

Though their stupidity explains a lot about the whole "US Americans in the Iraq" debacle.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i find the major difference between the democratic and republican candidate filing fee astounding. no wonder the republican party is full of rich assholes.

oh, and i suppose the write-in vote is still in action.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Stormshadow
bacon

Post by Stormshadow »

I was once offered a contract on Stephen Colbert, but I refused on general principal. Then I killed the guys they hired after I refused. Then Joe Quesada turned around and gave Stephen Colbert Captain America's shield, and turned the death of a great man and character into a media circus and Stephen Colbert played along.

Now I wish I had taken the contract.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

We missed out in '08. Would you settle for 2012? Fox News apparently said that Colbert is at 5% in the South Carolina primary, which is ahead of Huntsman. He said he is going to have a big announcement on his show tonight. I don't think he will actually run, but just make a big deal about himself not running. Ever since the whole ZZ Top for President thing with MTV back in the 80s, I've kind of wondered what would happen if a non-politician ran for office. Don't say Jesse Ventura. Ross Perot is the closest person I can think of that falls into the category.