You gay fags all have corona & I do not.

anything that don't fit under any other category...like your mothers fat ass

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: You gay fags all have corona & I do not.

Post by Diabolical »

I had to have my 11.5 month old tested because she had a slight fever.
It came back negative, but it was not fun for any of us.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Scary. Jesus.
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

We were extremely worried. The locals here in Calibama believe every bit of right-wing conspiracy theory bullshit. Even the teachers union couldn't get 50% who wanted remote learning. I could keep the kids at home, but it was really looking like my wife would have to go. Hell, they were unlikely to require masks.

Then the Governor (sorry, my fucking hero right now, I don't give a shit how much everyone locally hates him because he's a commie) decreed that schools cannot be open in any county on the watch list. Our district straddles the border between what I'm pretty sure are the two hardest hit counties. To get off the watch list, there has to be a decline in cases for two weeks straight (and even then I don't think it's automatic). I told her that, as utterly unaccepting of facts and evidence as the counties are, there's no fucking way they're going back this semester.

So we're lucky, but I do feel bad for you guys, and everyone else where idiocy is pushing schools to open. It's disgusting how people went so quickly from praising teachers to hating them more than ever because they're lazy pussies who don't want massive outbreaks.

I read a while back that probably 90% of deaths would be a direct result of Trump's early bullshit. Frankly, as this continues into absurdity, that percentage has to be going up. The entire rest of the world is laughing at us.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i'm actually scheduling a test today. i don't have a fever, but i've had a scratchy throat and dry cough for about a week and a half now, as well as headaches, ear aches, and some swelling in the glands in my throat. maybe it's a sinus infection... but maybe not. is the slight trouble breathing from panic about that, or just general lack of physical fitness, or is it the real deal? who knows?

i had a remote consultation with the doctor yesterday. she doesn't think it's covid (and, honestly, i feel the same way)... but she has no problem prescribing a test, which is the only way my insurance company will pay for it. better safe than sorry. and, apparently, the results are now taking AT LEAST two weeks, since funding was cut by der trumpenfurher.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Some people are so against our Governor is crazy. I'm not a fan of hers, but she has made some really tough decisions. And those decisions took us from the 3rd worst state to manageable levels.
Naturally, as we stated a phased reopening, people acted as if nothing happened (either because they were deniers or just tired of the lengthy stay-at-home order) and levels started rising again. People are losing their shit over the order to wear a mask, because they have no compassion for others or wear a tin foil hat or morons or all three.
One idiot, running for Senate, advertises herself as the "pro-life, pro-trump, anti-Whitmer" (our Governor) who opposed Michigan's lockdown. I want to ask her, "how can you be pro-life and oppose a lock down that saved probably thousands?" (...and how can you be a woman that supports trump and still look yourself in the mirror?)
I have one friend who whines about it constantly on Facebook. Apparently because he hasn't been sick and went so long without a mask it means it's no big deal. I bitch slap him with science and common sense routinely. Both irritating and fun making him look dumb.
Michigan still has zero clue as to how to reopen schools. I don't get why the teacher's union doesn't refuse to go back until its safe.
No teachers = no school.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Diabolical wrote:I don't get why the teacher's union doesn't refuse to go back until its safe.
No teachers = no school.
If they can't get 50% to vote for something, the union can't do it. That's what happened here (locally, not at the state level). Too many teachers want things back to normal, so the union couldn't even recommend to the district that they do online exclusively.

You'd think teachers should as a group support science, but apparently not always. Maybe that's the case there.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

so, i had my test yesterday. they really get up there. thankfully it was not the self-administered test (which i don't think can be nearly as reliable). supposedly i get the results in 2-3 days (not sure if that's "business days" or actual days). they contact you directly only if it's positive.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Hopefully it's clear. I don't want to have to get tested, but as soon as we get any positive here at the school I'm sure we're all getting it.
Ran

Post by Ran »

So in this little town of less than 1000, certain services are limited. I needed a haircut, and my co-worker here happened to know a local who does it on the side. She cut my hair last month and was supposed to do it last night. She texted me yesterday saying that she was in contact with someone who had COVID and has to put my haircut off for a week while she quarantines. I have to go to Anchorage this week for a 2 day training class. I'm not sure if I want to risk getting a haircut there, or risk waiting until I get back with the other lady.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Haircuts made me a little nervous too but the service providers have been wearing masks I think as store policy, so at least you're a bit protected. Hope that's the same wherever you go.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

apparently Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's entire family had it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54008181

in other news, my test came back negative (forgot to post back in here about it). results took 3.5 weeks after the test was administered.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

So does future Batman Robert Pattinson.
Production has shut down again.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

If there is a finished trailer, doesn't that mean photography is done? I don't get it.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Nope. I guess they got a bunch filmed before the big COVID shutdown and just resumed filming when Pattinson tested positive.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Ah makes sense.