Patrick Warburton Set to Return in The Tick

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Patrick Warburton Set to Return in The Tick

Post by Newsbot »

Don’t worry citizens, The Tick is back to save the day!

Broad-shouldered Patrick Warburton only sported his blue antennae for one season the first go-around, but the critically acclaimed superhero parody is now being revived on Amazon, a source tells PEOPLE.

The cult-classic series is based on a comic book by Ben Edlund and was first brought to television as an animated series that enjoyed three seasons of success in the mid 1990s. In early 2002, Fox canceled Warburton's live-action version (which also starred a pre-Lost Nestor Carbonell) after just nine episodes.

But no one can stop The Tick from keeping watch over The City.

Warburton – who has also appeared on Seinfeld and Rules of Engagement – recently inked a deal with Amazon and Sony to reprise his role, with Edlund producing and writing, according to the source.

Fans can only hope Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood will once again design Warburton's ab-tastic blue body suit.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Patrick Warburton Set to Return in The Tick

Post by anarky »

Edlund confirmed a new series is in the works. The Warburton and Amazon portions of the story are still just rumor, though.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Getting anyone else to play the role would be uncivilized. They'd basically have to hire a guy to do Putty Warburton if he can't or won't do it.
"Something inside me....."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I'd ideally like Warburton, but a different Tick show. Somewhere between the two others, leaning more toward the cartoon. American Maid over Captain Liberty, but I'd be cool with either Die Fledermaus or Batmanuel. Call me crazy, but I'd like it family-friendly. (Tried to show the kids both versions earlier, and forgot that Tick says "bitch" within the first two minutes of the first episode. Which is funny, but it'd be nice to have shows everyone can enjoy without sticking entirely with oldies.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Walmart had the live action series on DVD for $5. I should have bought it because I have never seen the whole thing.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I recently picked it up there, even though it's on Netflix.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Warburton is out. Peter Serafiniwicz is in. He's the voice of Darth Maul. He was also in Guardians of the Galaxy.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”