Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Post by Diabolical »

I'll spoiler text most of this post, just in case.

Friday's episode was number 100, which culminated withthe wedding of Fitz and Simmons. We also had the return of Deathlok, even if it was just for this episode.

You can see them slowly setting up the season/series finale. I wouldn't be too surprised if Coulson doesn't survive (again). Sure, they are playing the whole "he's dying and there's no cure" trope, but it would be a nice way to send Coulson off so Marvel won't need to answer "When's Coulson gonna show up in the flicks?" question ever again. The guy has been living on borrowed time for 5 years now.

It would be a cheap, fan-enraging ploy but they even opened the door for the possibility that the entire series was all in Coulson's head, a figment of his imagination as his brain tries to make sense of death, when the doctors tried desperately to save him after Loki stabbed him in The Avengers.

On a separate note, it would have been nice to get the primary cast in Marvel Legends.
We got a Coulson in a Fury/Hill/Couldson three pack a while back, but an updated AoS version would have been cool, along with Fitz, Simmons, Quake, and May at the least. Do an Amazon exclusive 5 pack or something.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

It’s better when shows know they won’t be returning because it gives the showrunners a chance to build up to a satisfying finale and tie up all the plot threads satisfactorily.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

The show was barely renewed for season 4. When they did, Disney reportedly forced ABC to renew for season 5, mainly to get to the magic 100 number for syndication.
With those circumstances, they sound like they expect this to be the last, which is why they're treating the season finale like a series finale.

The show Chuck was the same way for years. Seasons 3 and 4 were only renewed because of the fans. Average ratings were dropping by about 1 million viewers every season. They were given a 13 episode season 5 to wrap things up (in the Friday night death slot that SHIELD is currently in). Chuck only hit 91 episodes total, which briefly gave fans hope for one more, 10 episode season.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.