Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Post by jjreason »

Totally behind at this point. Now I have to wrestle with whether or not I'm going to pop for the bluray season set when it comes out - the "it's Marvel" vs "it's Shitty" argument rages inside me. :?
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Instead of an episode tonight, there was a special called "Marvel:Assembling a Universe". It goes back to Iron Man in 2006 and recaps the steps to get to Avengers and then teases Phase 2, Winter Soldier, Guardians and Avengers 2. Kinda cool. They "spoiled" Winter Soldier's ID.

Oh, and Hulkbuster Iron Man vs Hulk in A2.
:hulkout:
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

So...are they gonna have to change the name of the show?
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Tom Foolery wrote:So...are they gonna have to change the name of the show?
Why? Are you referring to the "Uprising" arc?

Edit: I'm kinda think that's a semi-spoiler for Cap 2.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Damn, they're going to keep going without even a full week for viewers to see Cap 2 and whatever this super spoiler is.

You'd think they'd end the season before Cap 2 so that slackers have a couple of months to see it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

A very minor (and very vague) spoiler for both Cap 2 and SHIELD - Last week's episode and this week's episode take place during the events of Cap 2.
Last week on SHIELD, a character said they had to be somewhere, which is where they show up at the beginning of Cap 2.

I like the idea, but yeah, it totally depends on everyone seeing Cap 2 between episodes.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Hail Hydra.

Poor Victoria Hand. That character gets the short straw across multiple media. Basically, the Marvel U's Wheeljack.

Totally saw the twist coming.

I'm calling it now: the show will be called Marvel's Secret Warriors next season.

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

So, um, anyone heard anything about a wide release for Season 2, as well as Agent Carter? I missed a few episodes, and forgot to set the DVR to keep all episodes and not just the five most recent. When I went back to binge watch, I had holes in both on my DVR, and couldn't watch for free on ABC's site.

So I figured that, since I had to pay anyway, I'd wait for the blu-rays, which I was planning to get anyway. I saw the September dates for both on Amazon a few months ago, and assumed that "Exclusive" meant some exclusive packaging. I was wrong; apparently, Disney decided to release these only through Amazon. They've been out for a few days, are barebones, and about as overpriced as humanly possible.

I can order them one at a time (way too costly to get both at once with what they're charging) or hope for a Black Friday deal. But I don't really want to buy these if there will be a proper wide release later, presumably cheaper and with actual bonus features.

This really makes me concerned I'll be unable to have the Netflix shows on blu-ray. It'd be nice to have a full set physically. I figured there'd be one hell of a delay, since it took something like a year or two for Arrested Development to get released. (And, looking now, I wasn't aware there was no blu-ray release of that at all.) But if even the ABC series aren't getting released, that sucks.

I fear we're moving into a world where anyone who is actually willing to pay for content will not only be able to own anything without pirating it, but will have to subscribe to multiple pay services. This is not what the internet was intended to do. :(
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Season 4 of SHIELD is gonna have Ghost Rider on it.

Sadly, it's Robbie Reyes and his muscle car, and not Dan Ketch.

Maybe Dan can be in the Netflix series when they make it.

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Watched season 4 series premiere. Despite it being the Ghost Driver, it was pretty cool. I keep hoping, they retcon the Nic Cage movies into the MCU(theres nothing in them to contradict the MCU) and Cage guest stars as an aging Johnny Blaze. That'd be fun for everyone.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Tom Foolery wrote:That'd be fun for everyone.
That'd be fun for NOONE.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Soooo....the second half of season 4 is....The Matrix???

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Watched the first episode of Inhumans.

The good;
1. Live action Lockjaw, even on a shitty TV fx budget is cool to see. Did you ever think you'd get live action Lockjaw?
2. Medusa's rack. Damn, that is a healthy girl.
3. To a lesser extent, Gorgon, Karnak, and Crystal. Gorgon has the most memorable personality, Karnak played by Ken Leung is probably the only actor on the show I recognized, and Crystal is suitably cute and perky.

The bad;
Just about everything else. The world building is as bland as tap water. The dialogue is stilted and delivered with tepidity.
Maximus, Medusa, and Blackbolt are really mediocre bordering on bad. Especially Blackbolt. I realize it's difficult to perform without ever being able to speak, but he just looks like he's holding in a fart all the time.
Medusa's obvious wig and the horrible fx on making her powers. Luckily they fixed that in the first episode by shaving her head.

I'll probably finish it out. It's only 8 episodes and I'm a Marvel fan, but honestly if it wasn't there's not enough here to keep me interested.

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Sounds like they are planning the latter half of this season (5) as the possible end of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
Last year's Ghost Rider and Framework stories were well-done, and this year's future space adventure has been pretty good.

The show now airs on the dead Friday night and is getting its lowest ratings yet because of it.
I still love the show, and I had always hoped for one of the big MCU stars to show up, but they have done admirably without them and forged their own road, giving us MCU versions of: Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes), Deathlok, Mockingbird, LMDs, Absorbing Man, Madame Hydra, The Patriot, Johnny Blaze (briefly), and of course Quake.

If that's it, it has been a good run.

Now if they'd only release Seasons 3-4 (and eventually 5) on Blu-Ray.
Agent Carter Season 2, too.
Dammit.

Fuck Inhumans, they don't count.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I haven’t watched any of this season. Which is a first for me.
I haven’t kept up with any of the “super hero” shows this season. Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Gotham etc. I guess burning out on comics overflowed to the TV arena as well.

I watched the first few episodes of Runaways and whatever that X-show on Fox is. The Gifted? Keep meaning to finish them off, but never have the time.