the simpsons

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

"I only ate one!"

"Don't feel bad for losin'...I was wrestlin' wolves back when yee were at yer mother's tit!"

"What's a paper boy to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?"

"Who's looking after the store?" "Little Jumpshit"

"Mmmmmmmmm fattening."

"I call the big one Bitey!"

As you can tell, I haven't been watching religiously for years. I used to love the Simpsons so much, then gone. Just gone. Must have watched too many reruns at school.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

Well, here we are almost a year later, and I just got Season 3. It's still shrink wrapped...
Negative Boy
knightrider

Post by Negative Boy »

Was this show ever funny? I know it has been poorly drawn for the past twenty years. And anotomically incorrect, becuase they all only have three fingers. I don't know if that's because the cartoonists are lazy or inept. Probably a combination of the two since most of this is drawn by Communists in China. It is probably financed by Muslims. Watching the Simpson's is tantamount to supporting terrorism. If Don Pendleton had created the Simpson's instead of Don Simpson, we would have Mack Bolan righting the world's wrongs. And now they are making a movie in 2D animation. Isn't that the most pathetic thing you ever heard of? Now all we need is a book written about it for anarky to spurt over and we're all set. ha ha. Watch some funny TV already why don't you? Nerblers.
GOD! That is so STUPID!! You are WRONG!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD!! Fuck yeah!
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Dough! "Simpsons" cast gets a hefty raise!!

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

The standoff between "The Simpsons" voice cast and series producer 20th Century Fox TV is over.

After months of negotiations, the cast of Fox's long-running animated series reached a new four-year deal with the studio during the weekend.

Under the pact, the top actors will be paid nearly $400,000 per episode. While this is lower than the reported $500,000 the cast originally sought, it remains a significant increase from their current paychecks of about $300,000 an episode. (By contrast, Charlie Sheen is the highest-paid sitcom star, reportedly earning $350,000 per episode in 2006.)

Email This Story IM This Story Print This Story Additionally, Dan Castellaneta, who voices Homer Simpson and has penned several "Simpsons" episodes over the years, is being named a consulting producer.

Castellaneta and most of the other key "Simpsons" voice players -- Julie Kavner (Marge), Nancy Cartwright (Bart), Yeardley Smith (Lisa) and Hank Azaria (Moe) -- are slated to begin work on the upcoming 20th season Tuesday.

As of Monday, the status of Harry Shearer, who voices Mr. Burns and Ned Flanders, among other characters, was unclear. Because of a last-minute snag, his deal did not close with the other cast members', and it was not clear if he would show up for work on Tuesday.

As a result of the drawn-out contract negotiations, the upcoming season of "The Simpsons" has been reduced by two episodes to 20. While the deal makes the voice cast available for four more seasons, Fox has yet to order the animated comedy beyond season No. 20.

The "Simpsons" cast and 20th TV have been down this road before. Most recently in 2004, the actors held up production of the 16th season by skipping two table reads during negotiations. They ended up more than doubling their previous salary.

This makes them the recipients of the largest paychecks ever for simply beating a dead horse, beating Sir Reginald Shortbottom, who was kept on retainer around the turn of the 19th century by King George III to beat all the royal horses who died while pulling his royal carriage for an annual stipend of 300,000 shillings.
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

Fox renews `The Simpsons' through season 22!

Post by Newsbot »

LOS ANGELES – Fox says it's renewing "The Simpsons" for another two seasons, which will secure its place as TV's longest-running prime-time series. Fox executives claim this is to play to the rising crowd of zombie fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Now in its 20th season, "The Simpsons" already had tied record-holder "Gunsmoke." The Western drama series aired for two decades on CBS before it ended in 1975.

"The Simpsons" will pass that mark next season. The two-year, 44-episode pickup announced Thursday by Fox will bring the total number of "Simpsons" episodes to 493. The first 250 or so are funny.

The animated comedy about Homer and Marge Simpson, their children and the town of Springfield is not only enduring but much-honored: It's received a Peabody and 24 Emmys among other awards.

LET. IT. FUCKING. DIE. ALREADY!!
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Fox renews `The Simpsons' through season 22!

Post by anarky »

Won't Simpsons officially have been unfunny longer than it was funny at the end of the 22nd season?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

As unfunny as The Simpsons is, it will truly be a sad day when the show gets canceled.
Its a staple and it would be like eliminating pennies.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I've got to admit, tonight's episode was probably the funniest in at least ten years, even counting the "Coolsville Comics" portions of "Husbands and Knives" from last year. They actually came up with an idea and made a solid episode around it, with jokes that made sense and weren't poorly-done attempts to ape Family Guy. I hope I'll be proven wrong in my bashing of The Simpsons soon and they make more episodes like it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Re: the simpsons

Post by Ran »

Back in 2000, The Simpsons predicted that Trump would be President.

http://time.com/4569755/simpsons-addres ... rediction/
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yep, and the writer just commented about how their thought process was to put Lisa in the WORST possible predicament as the President & figured following Trump would be it. You fucking guys & your voting I tell ya.
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

jjreason wrote:You fucking guys & your voting I tell ya.
Forget Red and Blue states. Voting was split between people with triple digit IQs and double digit IQs.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Ran

Post by Ran »

You know how you never see certain Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, and other cartoons anymore because there was something racist or bad in them.

Well...https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-ent ... 52390390f6
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Goddamn knee jerk, far left, bleeding heart, liberal bullshit reaction.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm a goddamn knee jerk, far left, bleeding heart liberal, and I think that's bullshit.
Ran

Post by Ran »

In 1998, The Simpsons predicted that Fox would be owned by Disney.