Make your own reality shows

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Make your own reality shows

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

RoIIo Tomassi wrote:The correct height of Count Dooku's droid pilot butler dude would be a topic on anarky's Nerd-Off.
I could also point out to 'nark that Indiana Jones has never been changed since its theatrical version (aside from now calling Raiders "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" on promotional materials but not in the film itself).

Yeah I'd be on that show. :oops:
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Senor JabbaJohnL wrote:
RoIIo Tomassi wrote:The correct height of Count Dooku's droid pilot butler dude would be a topic on anarky's Nerd-Off.
I could also point out to 'nark that Indiana Jones has never been changed since its theatrical version (aside from now calling Raiders "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" on promotional materials but not in the film itself).

Yeah I'd be on that show. :oops:
Not exactly. A cobra's reflection was digitally removed for the dvd release of Raiders.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

DB beat me to it. :D
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Well, I'll be dipped. :oops: According to Wikipedia, a rod holding the giant boulder has been removed as well. I think I've only ever seen the DVD version, but I thought I saw both of those issues still in the movie? Maybe promotional clips have still been using the older versions, or something. I hang my nerdy head in shame.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

You can probably name more Astromech droids by sight than the rest of us combined, so your Nerd King status is fairly safe, broheem. :P
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

anarky wrote:
The Nerd-Off: A group of nerds (and I mean the sort who have no social skills and live on Doritos and Mountain Dew) are forced to live in close quarters. Each episode is 30 minutes of their interactions in the house, followed by a 30-minute roundtable debate about some incredibly minor (but controversial) continuity point from a film, show, or comic book. Whoever is least successful at making their point (as decided upon by host George Takei) is booted. The winner in the end gets to have a walk-on role in the next Star Trek or Hobbit film.
Somebody else has been trolling our forums. Wasn't this the premise of that 'King of the Nerds' show on TBS?
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky

Post by anarky »

There needs to be some sort of riff on Fallon Down! and Justin Bieber: Prison Bitch that stars Jim Parsons.

Because I hate that guy. Probably because I fucking hate Big Bang Theory and people always tell me that I remind them of that fucktard's character without realizing it's A) offensive to me as a human because his character needed to be abused to death by Hell's Angels in the first episode but people don't see that and think I'd take it as a compliment because he's apparently good with trivia in addition to being the worst fictional human being ever, and B) the show in general is offensive to anyone who's even slightly geeky.

(You wouldn't have a show about four black roommates sitting around saying, "Lawdy, lawdy, dis heah fried chicken sho' is good. Pass me some o' dat grape soda, n****." It's the same fucking thing.)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Great, now I want grape soda. :(
"Something inside me....."
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

:shock: JJReason is a Dreadnok!
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

Wait. We're not sure of that. Yet.

Hey, JJ, I got too many chocolate donuts. I'm going to toss them out unless you want some.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Shouldn't the beverage in question be grape "drank" instead of "soda"?

Of course JJ wants the donuts. His profession dictates it.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Ran wrote:Of course JJ wants the donuts. His profession dictates it.
Okay, shit, Tom, you were right. We've got a fucking Dreadnok among us.