Game of Thrones (HBO)

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

jjreason wrote:Catelyn Stark is Lady Stoneheart. The fights were great. I'm actually happy the pushed that episode past the hour, even if it was only by a few minutes. It didn't feel rushed at all and I really liked where they left all the plotlines. Seemed like a nice tidy end to the season.
I already ruined my keeping purple text purple rule with this, but it just confirms that what I thought were two spoilers were really just one, so no harm done. :D I know some book readers are pissed that this didn't happen last night, but I think it would've been a bit much to just kind of throw that in there at the end. There was already a fuckton to wrap up and move forward and as a show-only person it felt like a pretty perfect episode.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Holy shit!

I can't believe it's almost 10:30 Pacific Time and I haven't seen ten or twenty spoiler-filled headlines on Facebook from supposedly legitimate news sources!!!

:lol:
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

You likely have by now. ><

I might go ahead & start a re-read on book 5.

2 edits of one post - yes Grimlock, I'm licking your irony bag. For fathers day I got one of these little figures - they are "blind packed" & mine wound up being Arya Stark. It was so fun opening it that I somehow managed to find 4 more of them on a short shopping trip this afternoon: pulled Robb Stark, a White Walker, the green mini-dragon and......... Tyrion Lannister!

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thr ... es-2014-01
"Something inside me....."
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Funko is doing swimmingly with the license. I have three of the Legacy Collection figures (Blackwater Bay Tyrion, Jon Snow, and White Walker), which are 6" and meant to ape the style of SW Black Series. The joints are made of shitty clear plastic, and the Dany figure I got broke at the elbow and had to be returned, but if you blast them with a hair dryer or some such thing they'll be fine. The paint is also hit or miss – I want the Hound, but his beard often just looks like he has shit smeared on his face. Wave 2 is bringing out more coolness like Drogo and Brienne, so it'll be a fun line to watch.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I see those around periodically, but like you say the paint is often distractingly bad. Both this line & the SW Black Series often just look sloppy - in ways even the very first LOTR 6" and Marvel Legends figures never did. How have things gotten worse???
Sleazer
megatron

Post by Sleazer »

another great season for sure...but I'm getting tired of all my favorite characters getting killed off!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Welcome back, Skeez! That's the one thing about this story - just when you think it's safe to poke your head up.....
anarky

Post by anarky »

For the Facebook impaired among us:
I figured something out earlier.

George R. R. Martin has secretly retired from writing altogether. Two weeks before the premiere of the fifth season of Game of Thrones, he will fake his death. Then, from his secluded home in Barbados, he will watch the internet explode when Tyrion, Jon, Hodor, and Daenerys meet up and are all killed in a car crash (yes, a car crash) in the first episode.

It will be the greatest prank ever played.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2 ... ers-admit/

Obviously not a surprise - but some day we'll be reading books based on a fucking tv show instead of vice versa.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

They shoulda stretched the books out more. The first book could've been more than 10 episodes, and each subsequent book is longer than the first one.

What ticks me off is that it's impossible to avoid spoilers for things these days. All the social media barrage, endings of shows get parodied, critiqued, casually mentioned, homaged, referenced on t-shirts or a billion other ways.

So even if I don't watch the series I'm gonna know how it ends because some loose lipped fuck in a forum will be talking about something totally unrelated and drop a GoT ending reference. Hell, CBR will probably post an article and give it away in the title.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Yeah good luck avoiding that. I bite the bullet & pay for HBO for the time the eps first broadcast so I don't have to suffer the spoilage ><
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Pay? I see them now and pay later on bluray.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I haven't purchased season 4 yet, which is odd. The others I was chomping at the bit, this I picked up & put back down again the last 2 trips to Costco. Eventually.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

4hrs & 13 minutes!!!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I truly fucking hate Time Magazine right now, and wish death by a painful scrotum fungus upon them all.