Game of Thrones (HBO)

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Post by jjreason »

I dunno. He put a couple of different things in it but I'm sure one gave him more lasting pleasure than the other.

Good ending. I'm happy overall. A little ham handed with Tyrion's dialogue there as he made his pitch but I can live with it.

All parties at the table other than Sansa: "Aye!!!"

Sansa: "The North will remain....."

Guy from Dorne: "Um, is it too late to change mine?"
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I thought it was a great ending agnes in line with what I expected. Episodes 1-5 were the big action finale, with 6 the emotional one.

Dinklage could deliver George Lucas dialogue and give it gravitas.
Tyrion's trial and speech in season 3 (4?) is still probably my favorite GoT moment.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’ve only been marginally following/keeping up with events after the “real” history of the most recent book(thanks memes on the internet!) but who’s left in charge of each of the major houses when it’s all done?

Tyrion is Lannister.
Sansa is Stark.
I’m assuming the sister whose name got changed between the book and the show is in the Iron Islands.
Is Samwell legit Tarly?(or was that even one of the major houses?)
Gendry is Baratheon?
I saw a meme with the little asthmatic tit-sucker all grown up, so I’m assuming he’s Arryn.
Did Tyrion stick to his word about Bronn in Highgarden, and does that make him Tyrell? Or someone else.
Not sure about Dorne, Tully, Martell...
And I’m guessing Targaryen got re-removed.

That’s more than nine. My math is bad.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

"7 Kingdoms" is a bit of a misnomer. There are more big houses & partitions in Westeros than that- but there were 7 when Aegon I Targaryen came to power. Dragonstone, the Targaryen seat, is an island & thus not counted in the 7 for whatever reason. Until Jon breaks whatever vows he needs to break this time & knocks up another hot ginger wildling, there won't be any Targaryens for Dragonstone.

"Despite its name, the Seven Kingdoms is a realm divided into nine administrative regions or provinces: the crownlands, Dorne, the Iron Islands, the north, the Reach, the riverlands, the stormlands, the Vale of Arryn, and the westerlands. These include former kingdoms such as the north, the Reach, the stormlands, the Vale, and the westerlands. "

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Seven_Kingdoms

Sansa = Independent Queen of the North, Tyrion = Lannister (Casterly Rock is the seat of the Westerlands), Yara Greyjoy = Iron Islands, Robin Arron = the Vale, Oberyn Martell's brother = Dorne - all yes.

There was a Tully there - Edmure, the younger brother of Caitlyn Stark. He had the Tully black fish on his collar. The awkward guy that Sansa told to sit down. That family would be from the Riverlands.

Bronn has Highgarden & is the master of coin at the end. Talk about right place, right time - that whore banging smart ass money grubbing.... nerfherder?

Gendry's bastard status was removed & he was given the name & Stormlands of the Baratheon family by Dany a couple of weeks ago. He then tried to marry Arya & she wal all "lol no" even though they banged.
"Something inside me....."