Breaking Bad

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Bizarro Mabudon
bacon

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Bizarro Mabudon »

mE AM REALLY NOT LIKE SHOW CALLED fIXING gOOD ABOUT A METH DEALER WHO BECOME TEACHER. cRITICS AM HATE IT. eLLEN dEGENERES AM BE FUNNY AS wILMA bLACK THOUGH
"It's not the heart in your tummy that counts, it's the heart in your beard."

Go and do whatever it takes to not see "Dark Place" or I will not hunt you all down, humourously.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:Very tight continuity in this show, like the brand name on the crib an episode or two after Walt kills Crazy Eight. Also noticed that, right after he did so and is sitting in the car, his reflection in his rearview mirror looked more like pics I've seen from the end of the series than how he looks now. I imagine that was probably intentional.
You're making me want to do an entire series rewatch and see how much I pick up knowing what I know.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Still no desire to watch this show.
Sweet berry wine!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

You should, bro.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

To me it got way too hyped. And a lot of the people I know (present company excluded) that liked it suck therefore I hate their opinion.
Sweet berry wine!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Slick, even Beal is a convert and he also hesitated because of the hype.
Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Slicker wrote:To me it got way too hyped. And a lot of the people I know (present company excluded) that liked it suck therefore I hate their opinion.
That's just 'cause everyone likes it. Shitty people included. We'll push it on you until you get addicted.
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Now that I have the entire series, I'm debating whether to rewatch the first two seasons(which I haven't seen in a few years) or just pick up where I left off.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

I had to take a much longer than wanted break from the show, but have been zipping through 2-3 episodes a day recently.

Holy shit, Season 4 was a fucking doozy. That finale, fuck.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

anarky wrote:Holy shit, Season 4 was a fucking doozy. That finale, fuck.
Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

Ha!
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The end of season 4 is likely the culmination of all tv, anywhere & everywhere, since the dawn of the medium. Fucking awesome.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

On any other show, I'd say the couple of seconds of Gus after the explosion were insanely fake. However, the rest of the series has been so meticulous with its attention to detail, I have to think it's the sort of thing that is made to look realistic, but winds up looking fake because everyone has a preconceived notion from seeing dozens or hundreds of fake versions in other movies and TV shows. Make sense?

I can't see any reason why a blast couldn't have torn off half of a guy's face, exposing most of their skull on that side, and the guy being so deep in shock from it that he just gets up, walks out casually, and straightens his tie, like he would have done at any other time.

The very last image: is that supposed to confirm Walt was responsible for that other thing (I'm really hoping Slick will watch this, and don't want to spoil it too badly), or be ambiguous? I can't for the life of me figure out when he could've done this. Like he told Jesse, there's no time that I can figure out when he could've done it, plus he was barred from Jesse's place at the time, and, while he's becoming more of a rotten SOB all the time, he's no master of breaking and entering so far as I can tell.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

jjreason wrote:The end of season 4 is likely the culmination of all tv, anywhere & everywhere, since the dawn of the medium. Fucking awesome.
I'll say I thought there was at least one episode that was better.
anarky wrote:The very last image: is that supposed to confirm Walt was responsible for that other thing, or be ambiguous?
I won't say if it is true or not, but I'll say that was my impression when I first saw it.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The big purple thing you have there was fake, but I didn't care because of the emotional payout. I went to sleep after that episode at about 4am (I think i knocked out at least the last 3 maybe 4 episodes of season 4 because I simply couldn't turn it off) with the biggest smile on my face. The emotional payout was just sublime, even in the face of that bit of (overly, let's not be silly) stylized action.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Yeah, when he just walks out of the room and you can't see anything's wrong with him, it's one of the biggest "holy fucking shit" moments ever.

I noticed definite parallels with the teddy bear from Season 2, as well as the importance of the pool.