Breaking Bad

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Breaking Bad

Post by Diabolical »

I recently decided I really need to start watching a lot of the tv dvds sitting around, unopened.

About 3 weeks ago I started Breaking Bad. I've had all 3 available seasons for quite a while now. I started season 1 once and watched the first 2 episodes, but got sidetracked, so I started over. I've been watching 2 episodes at a time so I don't burn through them all too fast without letting them sink in a little.

Currently I'm over half way through season 3 and Holy Shit (!), this show is indeed as great as they say! I think it may be one of the best tv shows ever made. Episode 7 of season 3 is easily one of the best hours of tv I have ever seen.

With only 5 episodes left for me to watch I'm kinda getting pissed season 4 isn't available yet.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Yes it is. Since I no longer have Cable, I haven't seen season 3 onward.

Sons of Anarchy is also very good.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

This show is so good, I'm starting yet another thread about it.

I suggest you all do the same.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I haven't seen it yet - but regarding SofA, I watched about 15 min of one episode - they got into a shootout with some hispanic gang members & decided to hang around to talk things over for about 10 minutes after the shots were fired. I switched channels at that point & haven't gone back.
"Something inside me....."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I just finished season 4 and I'm almost speechless. This may wear off in the next day or two, but I find it hard to believe Tv will ever get any better than this.
All I can think is: "Fuck you every other Tv show ever made; you just been trumped. Stop trying."
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I don't visit the Lego thread, so I'm putting it here.
Attachments
tumblr_m5xiexiRCM1qc3nt1o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m5xiexiRCM1qc3nt1o1_500.jpg (98.56 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

We needs a merge here.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Holy shit, what a finale!! I never thought AMC could show Bryan Cranston sucking Wanda Sykes' dick!
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Okay, in all seriousness, the fucking editor of that fucking Albuquerque newspaper needs to be abused to death with a pitchfork. Not even a week, and he runs a major fucking spoiler from the finale as if it were an actual news story, obviously to drum up sales as a collectible.

And then every fucking other news source runs a story about how cute it was. You can't go online without having it plastered in your face. All y'all "news" whores can go fuck yourself. Zero, that was the best three bucks I've spent in a long time.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Is this show a comedy, or does it just seem that way at first since Walter's so inept?

Not saying that sarcastically. I just watched the first ep, and it was some pretty dark humor, and I see the potential for much more. I didn't know much about the tone going in, and expected something more dramatic.
Last edited by anarky on Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

You have to stick with it. The full arc of the series is a normal average schmuck that descends into pure evil badass. The first couple seasons are him bumbling and figuring things out by trial and error.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Walt lays out the entire show in the pilot.

“You see, technically, chemistry is the study of matter, but I prefer to see it as the study of change: Electrons change their energy levels. Molecules change their bonds. Elements combine and change into compounds. But that’s all of life, right? It’s the constant, it’s the cycle. It’s solution, dissolution. Just over and over and over. It is growth, then decay, then transformation. It’s fascinating really. It’s a shame so many of us never take time to consider its implications.”
anarky

Post by anarky »

Didn't say I didn't like it, Foolery, just that it wasn't exactly what I expected. Even Sopranos and Deadwood didn't exactly enthrall me with the first ep.

I do have to say, in retrospect, they did an amazing job of making you think Walt was strung out (is that the right word? I'm drug illiterate) on meth during that opening.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I would suggest all the characters get more "human" as it goes along. They're only showing you one facet of each personality as it gets started.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Very tight continuity in this show, like the brand name on the crib an episode or two after Walt kills Crazy Eight. Also noticed that, right after he did so and is sitting in the car, his reflection in his rearview mirror looked more like pics I've seen from the end of the series than how he looks now. I imagine that was probably intentional.