Breaking Bad

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by anarky »

I just know there's a stupid bitch in Florida who just gave the Breaking Bad action figures a fuck-ton of publicity, letting millions of people who had no idea they existed in on the secret of their existence.

And a spineless national retailer who's going to get exactly zero money from the ensuing rush on these action figures.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Not that I shop there much at all (higher prices and underwhelming stock), but now TRU is going to get even less of my money because of this bullshit.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I looked at the BB figures at FYE and they had both color variations of Heisenberg. Neither had the baggie of meth. If they did, I couldn't see it in there (or mentioned on the packaging).
Debated on it, but didn't pick it up today. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow.

Here is the front of the packaging

Here is the back of the packaging
anarky

Post by anarky »

I keep seeing people mentioning it, but don't recall seeing it at all when I saw the figures at TRU.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Yes, Walt is a drug kingpin, but that particular figure either doesn't come with meth, or it isn't easily noticeable (or advertised).

In other words, overreacting Florida mom is full of shit.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Fucking Headman fucking said "Drug Kingpin" on the front of his fucking card TWENTY FUCKING YEARS AGO and this bitch's mom probably bought it for her brother at TRU and no one gave it a second thought.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I live in a world where marathon viewing is nonexistent. And I can't watch this sort of program most days, because I don't always feel I'm awake enough to focus on a show so layered once I get the kids to bed for the fourth time.

I've been able to watch most of the last season over the past week, finishing Ozymandias last night.

Holy shit.

At this point, it's less a question of "Will Walter somehow redeem his humanity in the end?" and more "Does Walter have any fucking humanity left?" I'm guessing it died right after the "He made up his mind ten minutes ago" line. He's done some "holy shit" stuff throughout the show, but, goddamn, he just went from Magneto (doing bad for good reasons, and feeling bad about it deep down) to (comic book) Cobra Commander (fuck it, I'll just kill you because I don't like the shirt you're wearing today).

I'm going to make sure to catch the last two tonight, no matter how late I have to stay up. I have some theories on how things will play out. Assuming the intros to a few of this season's episodes aren't what ifs, he's around almost exactly a year from now with a new identity in New Hampshire (which jives with the next episode's title, Granite State, and his "disappearing" at the end of this one) and makes his return. I know from assholes who like ruining shit that his two college buddies will play some role in the final episode. He can't live beyond the finale; that seems given even if it wasn't spoiled, because his cancer's back and he's likely been off treatment for a year.

So, shit, does he come back to Albuquerque after realizing he's become Dr. Douche to try to fix things somehow? Is fucking Pinkman going to be the Nazis' slave for a fucking year? (Also, I couldn't quite be clear in his last scene--did he lose his right eye, or was it in shadow?) Either way, holy shit.

I love how much thought clearly went into the episode titles, too.

Only issue, though, would be that this all took place in almost exactly a year? Until they were talking about his birthday coming up, and how rough the last year had been, I sort of assumed it was over a period of 3-4 years, at least. There's some serious turnover in the meth kingpin world here.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Ozymandias was the perfect episode of Breaking Bad.
(BTW, in case you didn't notice, it was directed by Rian Johnson, director of Looper and Star Wars 8.)

Yeah, the timeline seems pretty fucked up. All that in one year? It doesn't seem possible.
anarky

Post by anarky »

What happened to Huell? Seems like a lot of grief could've been avoided with a word or two from him. He's no rocket scientist, but he wouldn't stay in that hotel room forever once Hank and Steve were dead. And even he would figure out their story was bullshit soon enough.

Just trying to figure out why Saul "disappeared." Especially since he doesn't fear Walter in the same way everyone else does, and it'd be tough to connect him to Walt's enterprise once Hank is gone.

Also, I seem to recall interviews about Better Call Saul (up next, obviously) taking place before, during, and AFTER Breaking Bad. I can't imagine the last season or two being him working retail under a fake name in Nebraska.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I liked the ending of Season 1 of Better Call Saul.... that being said I think they can safely wrap up what they "need to do" (in my opinion) in one more season. Not sure how long they plan to milk it out, I can see the outside edge of the possibility this could run out of gas. Again, nothing bad to say about it AT ALL - just my 2 cents.
"Something inside me....."
Bizarro Mabudon
bacon

Post by Bizarro Mabudon »

bETTER nOT cALL sAUL AM SUCK SO BAD!
"It's not the heart in your tummy that counts, it's the heart in your beard."

Go and do whatever it takes to not see "Dark Place" or I will not hunt you all down, humourously.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

I've been doing a rewatch of Breaking Bad, currently in the middle of season 3, when Walt sees Gus' lab.
There is a lot I don't remember, some I remember clearly, and some I kind of remember.

I remember Skylar being a bigger bitch early on - now all her actions and feelings seem real and justified...until she starts fucking Ted.
I thought Jane played a bigger role (more episodes) in season 2.
I didn't remember Jessie's friend Combo. At all.

The girlfriend loves it too, so I'm 3 for 3 on tv shows for us to binge the entirety of (first Scrubs, then Veronica Mars).
And I love knowing when certain parts are coming, just to see her reaction.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Couldn't decide between what have you watched & the series thread - so I went here. "El Camino" - if you ever wondered what happened to Jesse after he drove away from Walt laugh-crying in the last series episode, now you can find out. Not a needed tack on, in my opinion, but a nice one. 7/10ish.
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Spoiler:

He immediately drives to a park and begins fucking the ducks, which goes on for two hours until he is arrested.

That one duck deserves an Emmy. You know the one.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

I’ve been meaning to set aside a couple hours to watch El Camino.
I read somewhere Aaron Paul shot the entire movie in one day. And they didn’t tell anyone.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”