The Punisher TV series

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

The Punisher TV series

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Fox green lights Punisher drama

Given Fox's dismally shitty record with genre television I don't foresee this lasting too long anyway, but fundamentally changing the core character into a police detective by day, moonlighting vigilante by night is snigtarded.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: The Punisher TV series

Post by Diabolical »

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

I don't know why there aren't more shows based on comics that take massive liberties with them.

Wonder Woman might not have made it to the air, but there are two, maybe three, shows based on Fables this year.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I dreamed I saw the original 1979 pilot for this show last night. It was called "Lucille Ball Meets the Punisher." In it, the Punisher was born when Batman villain Ten-Eyed Man blew up his house (luckily not killing his family). He teamed with Lucy and this guy I went to high school with to stop a conspiracy to kill the president at Niagara Falls. Somehow, the Secret Service were the bad guys. Lucy found a tape recorder with evidence the Secret Service was trying to take over the world, so they, for reasons unexplained, had to steal the tape back when the a woman from the Secret Service found it, then tape over it. Punisher did this by singing "Baby Got Back" over and over, then commenting that he had to make sure it came into the possession of a guy named Anthony in Seattle, with a note saying to not open it until 1991. Then they hid in bathroom stalls, because the Secret Service were too dumb to figure that out... until Lucy slipped and started crying that she'd got shit on her foot.

Punisher did at least shoot everyone in the end.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

FOX passes on Punisher series.

Thank fucking Christ.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky

Post by anarky »

anarky wrote:I dreamed I saw the original 1979 pilot for this show last night. It was called "Lucille Ball Meets the Punisher." In it, the Punisher was born when Batman villain Ten-Eyed Man blew up his house (luckily not killing his family). He teamed with Lucy and this guy I went to high school with to stop a conspiracy to kill the president at Niagara Falls. Somehow, the Secret Service were the bad guys. Lucy found a tape recorder with evidence the Secret Service was trying to take over the world, so they, for reasons unexplained, had to steal the tape back when the a woman from the Secret Service found it, then tape over it. Punisher did this by singing "Baby Got Back" over and over, then commenting that he had to make sure it came into the possession of a guy named Anthony in Seattle, with a note saying to not open it until 1991. Then they hid in bathroom stalls, because the Secret Service were too dumb to figure that out... until Lucy slipped and started crying that she'd got shit on her foot.

Holy fuck, I do not remember this dream. But it sounds fucking awesome.
anarky

Post by anarky »

anarky wrote:
anarky wrote:I dreamed I saw the original 1979 pilot for this show last night. It was called "Lucille Ball Meets the Punisher." In it, the Punisher was born when Batman villain Ten-Eyed Man blew up his house (luckily not killing his family). He teamed with Lucy and this guy I went to high school with to stop a conspiracy to kill the president at Niagara Falls. Somehow, the Secret Service were the bad guys. Lucy found a tape recorder with evidence the Secret Service was trying to take over the world, so they, for reasons unexplained, had to steal the tape back when the a woman from the Secret Service found it, then tape over it. Punisher did this by singing "Baby Got Back" over and over, then commenting that he had to make sure it came into the possession of a guy named Anthony in Seattle, with a note saying to not open it until 1991. Then they hid in bathroom stalls, because the Secret Service were too dumb to figure that out... until Lucy slipped and started crying that she'd got shit on her foot.

Holy fuck, I still do not remember this dream. But it still sounds fucking awesome.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Who was playing Frank?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Some guy named Josh.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

anarky wrote:Some guy named Josh.
Ha! Somebody please use photoshop and make that happen. 8) :lol:
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Better than The Brave and the Bold fo sho.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
anarky

Post by anarky »

They should've made this show. And the Daredevil cartoon where he drives a van and his dog shoots him out of a cannon. And had them cross over. That would have been the shit.
anarky

Post by anarky »

anarky wrote:
anarky wrote:

Holy fuck, I still do not remember this dream. But it still sounds fucking awesome.
Holy fuck... I guess y'all can figure out the rest.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Bump.

Just so 'nark can quote hisself again.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Now that Jon Bernthal has been cast as Frank Castle for season 2 of Daredevil, the possibility of a Netflix Punisher TV series has just increased.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”