The second best show on TV (after Boardwalk Empire)

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Re: The second best show on TV (after Boardwalk Empire)

Post by Ran »

Naturally, there is an online petition protesting it, plus they are hitting the Hub facebook site.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

This is exactly the kind of fucktarded decision Hasbro makes a lot. Their thinking is "If we give you a choice, you might accidentally choose the wrong thing."

Its like when they torpedoed Marvel Legends so that collectors could only get their Marvel figures 'fix' from the Universe figures.

Or when they backburner Transformers Classics everytime their shitty live action films come out.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Ran

Post by Ran »

I finally saw last week's episode about Destro's castle even though I missed the first few minutes. I turned it on right as they were entering the Castle. Was Shipwreck in the episode?

Missed the first few minutes of this week's episode, too. By the time I turned it on, they were already inside the Baroness's compound. I know the Oktober guard was involved in the 80s series, but I never saw those and don't know exactly how it ties in.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Just for a second at the beginning. He was the sea captain. I haven't seen this week's yet.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Saw this week's episode.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. A Joe trapped in armor is a new idea, and a good one.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Crap. Missed it. Just set the DVR to record whatever episodes are on Friday and Saturday.
anarky

Post by anarky »

"Anaconda Strain" should be on Friday. It's kinda a doozy.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Fuck me, I'm pissed that this show is getting axed when shit like Dancing With The Stars remains on the air.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Re-watching this because my youngest wanted to see something G.I.Joe. He's too young for the movies (because that first one is fucking child abuse) or Resolute, and the Sunbow series, well, fuck nostalgia, it was bad.

This show was so fucking good. So, so fucking good. The balance between telling an original story unconnected from anything, while having a basket full of Easter eggs, it's like what the Ultimate line of comics should've been (we all know it either strayed way too far from or was slavishly faithful to the original). The twist on the Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes relationship is just fucking amazing.

I wonder if it would be a wasted effort to contact IDW, point out that Hasbro has essentially given up on this (and Resolute) despite it ending on a cliffhanger (and, well, same for Resolute), and all their new Joe comics suck ass (okay, maybe put that bit more diplomatically), and suggest that maybe there could be official continuations of Renegades and Resolute in comic form...? I actually did bring this up to Hasbro at a con once, and it seemed like something they'd never thought of. (Then again, they thought the idea of female Cobra Trooper figures was the most novel thing they'd ever heard of, so they're not exactly batting one thousand here. Oh, and this was the head of the brand, not some pencil-pusher.)