Arrested Development: The funniest show on TV!

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Arrested Development: The funniest show on TV!

Post by anarky »

I should probably clarify that somewhat. It's the funniest live action network TV show that's still currently in production. You should all watch this show, or you're pussies.

Michael Bluth is trying to run the family company while his father is standing trial for building houses in Iraq. His entire family is pretty insane and makes things difficult for him.

His father is currently under house arrest and has hired a surrogate to represent him at important meetings. The surrogate is a tall man who wears a hat that says "Surrogate" and repeats verbatim everything his father says by way of an earpiece radio.

His sister is quasi-married, but is eating up the family's legal retainer by trying to get into the pants of the family lawyer, Bob Loblaw. (Say it aloud for the full effect.)

His brother-in-law is an interesting fellow who decided at one point he was going to join the Blue Man Group and spent the better part of last year working as an independent Blue Man knockoff. He's currently the world's first combination analyst/therapist, but almost got arrested because his business cards say he's an "analrapist."

One of his brothers is a coddled mama's boy who enlisted in the army in a rare display of backbone and had his hand bitten off by a seal. (Actually, it's his half-brother, because Buster's father was really Michael Sr's hippie twin brother, Oscar.)

His other brother wants to be a magician and gives members of the audience roofies so they'll forget when he screws up his tricks. He also had a famously racist puppet show at one point.

His mother is classic drunk bitch. I don't know how else to put it, but it's funnier than it sounds.

His son is trying to convince his niece not to sleep with another guy that she doesn't know is really another cousin. . . because he wants to.

Said cousin is a somewhat geeky girl who has a hard time managing her high school life but conned her way into a job as a movie studio executive.

He's currently dating Rita, a lovely but slightly "off" woman from Wee Britain (the British section of the OC, where there's always the danger of accidents since Yanks don't realize the lanes switch when entering that area). He met her when trying to find info on his father's case but discovered the files he needed were "For British Eyes Only."

That's the show in a nutshell. Watch it or your mom engages nightly in three-ways with Snigtad Flornbi and Mustard Man.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

Arrested Development is the most overrated piece of crap live action network TV show that's still currently in production.
Antropov
stormshadow

Post by Antropov »

Damn, dude. Tell us how you really feel about it.

I've never givin the show a chance. Perhaps I should. The only problem with that is that when people talk things up so much, it's hard for the actual product to live up to the hype.
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

You nailed it right on the head.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I knows what you means. I normally hate the stuff that's popular, and the more I hear about something, the more I hate it. But I saw this at my parents' house for the first time about a year and a half ago, and nearly peed in my pants. And the show keeps getting better.

Besides, Fox has tried to cancel it, and we all know they only do that to the good shows.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I am with Anarky, me and Elf love to watch it when we happen upon it, we even watched that multi-episode "primer" to get back into the new season, I don't care iif it's "popular", it's pretty fucking funny and really light viewing, which is good for something so smart- and I can't watch shit like seinfeld or all of its spinofs, and heven't really watched ANY sitcoms since the mid 80's (other than the Siompsons, south park or the trailer park boys, but that's a hwole different ball of yarn)
Snigtad Flornbi
christopher walken
Location: I AM NOT CALING U, I AM CALLIN THE LADYS, NOT U, CUZ U R A FAGG!

Post by Snigtad Flornbi »

I thank it woul be the funniest show on t.v if you got arrested and then you could be in jail with madubon and you could be butt buddies.
Dell Rusk
IMPOSTOR!!!

Post by Dell Rusk »

this is the show about the guys in los vegas who solve crimes right? that show is hella funny! i like the guy who looks like a hobbet.
Negative Boy
knightrider

Post by Negative Boy »

Was this show ever funny? If by funny you mean simpleminded, boring and the emptiest half hour on television in terms of plot and character development. Then yes, it was fucking hilarious. The only reason it lasted three seasons was because the producer of the show was blackmailing one of the publishers of Entertainment Weekly with photos oh him having underage sex with a boy, so they kept putting AD on their covers and talking about how it was the best show on television even though the viewing public had already decided Everybody Loves Jim was funnier and more endearing. And some Network Executive, who feared for his job and made knee jerk reaction choices based on what his media magazines were telling him to left it on the air while it sucked all the Nielsen ratings out of that time slot. Eventually that publisher or network exec died of chlamydia or something and that shitfest got yanked faster than a highschooler without a condom pulling his cock out of the ugly babysitter. And good riddance. Now we can have quality programming The Class.
GOD! That is so STUPID!! You are WRONG!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD!! Fuck yeah!
anarky

Post by anarky »

What's sad is that this is on in re-runs, and episodes are even funnier than anything else on TV when you've already seen them a few times.

Sorta like Seinfeld, or early Simpsons.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

It's on my list of things to borrow from a guy I know and watch.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Dr. Mcdiddlepants
bacon

Post by Dr. Mcdiddlepants »

Eternal Padawan wrote:It's on my list of things to borrow from a guy I know and watch.
Does the guy know you like to watch him ?
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

he and I have been intimate.
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

I watched the first 10 episodes or so. Hilarious.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm excited.

I'll wager Newsbot is excited, too.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!