HUB

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: HUB

Post by anarky »

The Arashikage story was very well done. Even knowing about thirty versions of the story, I'm not sure how the true mystery of the Hard Master's death will play out. I like the reversal of the RAH comic version, with Storm Shadow wrongly believing Snake Eyes killed Hard Master, but clearly a third party poisoned him. My guess would be Zartan or maybe Firefly... but how and why? And was Cobra involved, and maybe this is why Snake Eyes hates Cobra (and, by extension, Scarlett is on this anti-Cobra quest).
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I find Jinx annoying. Yes, I'm sure it is a set-up to bring in Firefly or Zartan.

A bunch more Cobra agents are going to show up in the next few weeks.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi- ... ron-10029/
According to TV Guide, Scrap Iron will make an appearance in GI Joe Renegades episode 8, titled "Rage". Here's a brief summary of the episode:

Scrap-Iron kidnaps Tunnel Rat and uses him to test a weaponized exo-suit. Roadblock attempts a rescue by allowing himself to be kidnapped as well

Original Air Date: Jan 7, 2011
Will Roadblock be able to free Tunnel Rat?

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi- ... mot-10035/
TV Guide has updated with a description for GI Joe Renegades episode 9, revealing that Zartan along with the Renegades Dreadnoks will debut in this episode!

Episode Synopsis: The Joes go on a mission to stop Zartan and his motorcycle gang from terrorizing a small town.

While Zartan was likely to appear in episode 9, before the description was posted, another gem was revealed courtesy of HISS Tank boards member kneroh. Apparently the Crimson Twins, Tomax & Xamot will appear in episode 10!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Watching the G1 Transformers. Its the episode where the Decepticons get a ray that keeps the Autobots from transforming. The way they add suffixes like "-icon" to the end of everything is terrible. Almost as bad as the Smurfs using "smurfy" in every other line.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Watching that same one, and, yeah, it's bad. What the fuck was up with Skywarp transforming from a plane and suddenly holding that cannon thing that's bigger than he was?

Or how Megatron tested it on Starscream, told him exactly what he was doing, and then Starscream was questioning what it was and why he couldn't transform and Megatron explained it again.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

That little rover thing that is in Optimus' trailer made an appearance. Don't remember seeing it very often in the cartoon.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Very curious, one of the "bumpers" in this episode of Transformers featured the GIJoe music.
anarky

Post by anarky »

The Christmas Eve 2-parter was bloody awesome. A Christmas special that actually was important to the overall plot, and heartwarming without being hokey, followed up by a serious hitting-of-fan episode. Flint might actually be coming around, and his backstory makes him seem far less dickish. Also some serious Cobra Commander action, the use of "Yo Joe!" on some signs held by protesters, Storm Shadow joining up with (or at least agreeing to cooperate with) Cobra, and, holy fucking shit, the Joes know that Adam DeCobray doesn't exist and saw the fucking Commander!

And the second "must have" Renegades toy: Baroness's battle suit.
anarky

Post by anarky »

"Worlds Without End, Part 1" was on tonight. Holy shit. Really, man, holy shit. You know how The Transformers had the movie to basically show how cool they could be (forget how mad you were that they killed everyone), and it made the rest of the series look like shit in comparison? But the Joe movie didn't do the same because it sucked and was some really bizarre shit? This is the two-parter that makes the rest of the show look even worse.

I was lucky enough to pretend to go back in time and make up the actual transcript of the writer's meeting on this one.

"So, what's on the agenda today, Steve?"
"Gotta write another GIJoe cartoon, Bill."
"God damn it. Give me that bottle of whiskey. It's GIJoe script day that makes me wish I'd become a male whore in Bangladesh."
"Tell me about it. I hate this show. What stupid-ass shit will this story be?"
"I dunno. I just know that the Indian has to talk like fucking Tonto and that stinking parrot has to save the day."
"How about some shit about Destro mind-controlling all the alligators in the New York sewers so they dress as investment brokers and crash the stock market by pouring all the US money into New Coke?"
"Nah, too realistic."
"Giant robot sea serpent that eats boats?"
"Did that already."
"Ninja in drag?"
"Did that, too."
"How about the Dreadnoks become a rock band?"
"Yup, did that one, too."
"Christ, Bill, I can't come up with more dumb shit like this! I've already poured my life savings into crack, and I'm running out of stupid."
"Hey, guys. How's it going?"
"Hey, Fred."
"You're not going to believe this, but my kid actually likes this dumbass toy. I figured I'd bring some of his comic books to the meeting. Take a look at what we're up against."
"Holy shit, this stuff is actually good."
"It's like he's writing a military comic that happens to have the fucking Village People starring in it."
"Yeah. And I think I figured out how we can keep writing this show and not go batshit insane."
"PCP?"
"No, let's try to write one fucking amazing two-parter and top this comic writer fellow."
"But how? We have to write the dumb sci-fi shit."
"Then let's go full-on sci-fi. I'm thinking parallel worlds, that sort of trippy shit."
"You're saying we write a fucking awesome sci-fi story with these loser characters?"
"Exactly. It could be amazing if we can pull it off."
"And let's kill some Joes."
"You kidding? They won't let us do that?"
"No, but we can leave a few in the other dimension. So they're essentially 'dead' for all intents and purposes in the regular series."
"Shit yeah! And, if they're in another dimension, maybe they can find the skeletons of their parallel selves."
"Oh, yeah, now you're talking! Give me my Commodore 64; I've got to type this stuff down."
Ran

Post by Ran »

The sad this is that that dialogue probably actually happened, and that cartoon proves it. I've been able to turn my brain off to watch this shit, ignoring basic things like rank, physics, and basic logic. But that one was particularly bad.

Oh, and Steeler is a pussy.

The episode of Transformers was pretty bad, too. Blaster & Tracks vs. Starscream & Soundwave...in a dance club. And neither Soundwave nor Blaster deployed any of their minions.
Ran

Post by Ran »

We thought the plot for the series was based on the show's writers cocaine habit. We were wrong.

Or, if you can't stand the guy talking, here is the actual article.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i don't know if it makes them a bit more believable or if it makes them look like bigger crackpots... but i'm leaning toward the crackpot thing.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I'd say crackpot as well.

Tonight's episode of GI Joe featured an underwater fight rivaled only by the underwater fight in the movie Top Secret...It was over a bottle of mind control perfume.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Crackpot indeed. Last night's TF had Seaspray going to another planet, and falling in love with a mermaid... who transformed into a boat. And they were oppressed by this snigtarded-looking fat robot named Deceptitran, who worked for Megatron. (Why is Megatron giving a shit about Earth if there's so much resistance? In this series, he runs like seven or eight other planets!)

Renegades, however, is another story. Now that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" has been repealed, I'm assuming it would be legal to marry a cartoon, right?
anarky

Post by anarky »

Today is the 45th anniversary of the premiere of Batman.

And, perhaps coincidentally, The Hub is airing the first of the two Liberace episodes.

Awesome. Simply awesome. I can't say how appropriate this is, given how awesomely bad the show is.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Damn. I just missed it.

The Aerialbot/Stunticon episode was on. Why is the leader of the Aerialbots afraid of heights? Oh, and at the end, someone said "Nice shooting, kid. Now lets go home." Isn't that paraphrasing Star Wars?
Last edited by Ran on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.