HUB

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Seamus ODoyle
bacon

Re: HUB

Post by Seamus ODoyle »

Ye ken what gets my Oirish up?

The fuckin' Scottish! Wankers!!
"Sure'n'll buy ye a pint."
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

vynsane wrote:in all honesty, using a word in context is perfectly acceptable, no matter the word. it's when it's used as hyperbole or exaggeration that misappropriates the word enough to undermine the true meaning ("they raped my childhood"), or it's used as a joke in some other way that gets my irish up.
You created a monster when you trained a semi-retarded engine of destruction that turns into a giant robot dinosaur. I wouldn't be surprised if he even edits your post once he gets back from his Fall of Cybertron tour.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

RoIIo Tomassi wrote:Don't take this personally, but I just saw SnakeEyes line dancing like a chorus girl, and then dress in drag, and now I have to kick one of you in the nuts. :frus:
The Hub played this episode again. I can't help but notice Snake Eyes had a striking resemblance to Boy George.

There was a commercial for the Hub playing Gremlins 2 in the near future. The only reason I mention that is because Jargo brought up Gremlins in the toy section. I'll do my best not to watch it.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

TFTM is on right now. I was half-watching and noticed something quite interesting that my Googling suggests (gasp!) no dork has noticed before.

During Starscream's coronation scene, there are statues of some sort in the "great hall." They are very large, and very gold. Most don't look like anyone; what little I've found indicates most people assume the same thing I've always assumed: they're most likely former Decepticon leaders, or, perhaps, champion gladiators from the distant past.

However, one stands out. Look at 0:41 in this video (right as Galvatron is giving one of the best lines in the film).

Is it just me, or does he look a lot like a member of the (IIRC, unnamed) group of Transformers who had some sort of subconscious loyalty to Unicron from the Marvel series?

Who, obviously, were dressed up like this guy, whom later retcons have established as sorta responsible for the Decepticons existing in the first place.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran

Post by Ran »

Holy shit. Last night was the Louie the Lilac episode of Batman. Tonight was Egghead, where Batman dresses up as a "Neosauraus". Comic gold.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Hub is playing an episode of Batman I've never seen before. The criminal is "False Face". He isn't someone I've ever heard of. Basically he is sort of a cross between Zartan and the Riddler.

Best part is that one of the goons is a midget. The midget charged. Batman and Robin caught him and tossed him back at the other goons.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Watching Transformers. Computron made an appearance. Didn't remember the character, so I looked him up.
Fun Publications
Computron was created as a combiner for the Autobots. Although the individual Technobots are all geniuses in their fields, when united they formed a highly ambitious super genius called Computron who suppressed all their individual flaws. In his arrogance Computron attempted to grant enhanced intelligence to Grimlock. The experiment backfired and it brought out the flaws in each Technobot, resulting in insanity for Computron. Optimus Prime enjoyed the new Computron and refused to repair him. Alpha Trion was then able to sway Computron to his side.[5]
Then the Terrorcons showed up, and they seemed just plain silly. Gave up watching after that.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Heh. I have all of the Technobots and Terrorcons down in the basement. I do believe Technobot Strafe is the winner of the award for "Easiest Transformer to Transform".
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Ran

Post by Ran »

The Hub is getting Animanics starting Jan 7. They are showing an Animaniacs marathon today,
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Ran wrote:The Hub is getting Animanics starting Jan 7. They are showing an Animaniacs marathon today,

"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”