commercials that bug you

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: commercials that bug you

Post by anarky »

I remember that movie. It wasn't very good, but the "honest" slogans were fucking hilarious. You got the Metamucil one a bit wrong--since he's overly honest, it states that you'll get cancer and die if you don't go to the bathroom, not if you don't use Metamucil. (Which I think is mistaken; cancer would probably be the least of your worries if you just stopped shitting.)

Also, many of the New York exterior scenes were filmed on Campbell Avenue in Roanoke, VA (current population at the time: less than a quarter of a million). They just got a shit-ton of extras to walk around and brought in lots of yellow cabs. Probably would've been cheaper to just film it in NYC.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Yeah, the lines for the ads were funny. The movie itself wasn't. And well, Paul Riser is in it.

I copied the Metamucil line from IMDB. I remembered the part about the toilet, but couldn't remember the entire quote. There might have been another line about Jaguars being for men who like handjobs, but IMDB didn't have it.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'll admit, I may be mistaken--I only saw it once and had no desire to see it again. That line stuck out, and my friends and I used to say it all the time, but we could've wrongly switched it with a slightly funnier version that wasn't actually in the movie.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Negative Boy
knightrider

Post by Negative Boy »

I crack up every time that new M&Ms commercial where the redhead takes the M&M to her car comes on. Because date abuse is hilarious.
GOD! That is so STUPID!! You are WRONG!!

Eternal Padawan is DEAD!! Fuck yeah!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Have you seen the Target commercial where the woman in a short white dress walks down and some boxes of baking mix are exploding in slow motion and then she breaks an egg in her hand in slow motion?

Is that not the fugliest woman you've ever seen in your life? I mean she is seriously uggo. Her Picasso-face creeps me out.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Ran wrote:"Metamucil: It helps you go to the toilet. If you don't use it, you'll get cancer and die."
"Porsche. It's a little too small to get laid IN, but you get laid the minute you get out!"
"Paramount Pictures presents 'The Freak.' This movie won't just scare you, it will fuck you up for life."
"Buy Volvos. They’re boxy but they’re good.

We know they’re not sexy.
This is not a smart time to be sexy anyway, with so many new diseases around.

Be safe instead of sexy. Volvo – Boxy but good."

"AT&T

You may think phone service stinks since deregulation, but don’t mess with us, because we’re all you’ve got.
In fact, if we fold, you’ll have no damn phones.

AT&T - We’re tired of taking your crap!"
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

RoIIo Tomassi wrote:Have you seen the Target commercial where the woman in a short white dress walks down and some boxes of baking mix are exploding in slow motion and then she breaks an egg in her hand in slow motion?

Is that not the fugliest woman you've ever seen in your life? I mean she is seriously uggo. Her Picasso-face creeps me out.
Here's "Picasso face". I added in the sloth to make it more bearable. And frankly because, for all the talk on this website, there's a dearth of Slothiness around here.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

anarky

Post by anarky »

Good God, I thought you were exaggerating, Rollo. That woman is so fugly that I don't care that she's only wearing a sloth.
Ran

Post by Ran »

She is clearly an alien.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Ran wrote:She is clearly an alien.
captain kirk would give her his prime directive.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I dunno. Even James Hornberius might not go for that shit.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Not a fan of that Eddie Money "2 Tickets to Paradise" insurance commercial.
DeckardSmith
sloth

Post by DeckardSmith »

Ran wrote:Not a fan of that Eddie Money "2 Tickets to Paradise" insurance commercial.
Seconded. I don't know if he's off key on purpose, but I want to murder him.

And I think we all know I have no problem with murder.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

The commercials where the AT&T guy is interviewing the kids at the small table. Most of the commercials are 'eh'. But the one where the kid does "two things at once" and then starts having a seizure is hilarious. Mostly because the guy cuts the little girl off and the expression on her face.

Another commercial that makes me chuckle is the NFL Play 60 commercial with Cam Newton and the little kid. "I'm just loosening up my arm..." cracks me up everytime.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Ran

Post by Ran »

Yes, both of those are pretty good. So is the iPhone commercial with the Williams sisters playing ping pong.