Four of our forumites may be coming to DVD soon

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Four of our forumites may be coming to DVD soon

Post by anarky »

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18162

It's a rumor column, but usually posts rumors supported by evidence and inside info. Of particular note, regarding Fox's lawsuit with Warner over The Watchmen:
So, how are the "Watchmen" movie legal shenanigans going to shake themselves out? Let Lying In The Gutters give you the exclusive.

Currently the situation has Fox filing suit against Warners and other connected companies over the rights to produce and distribute the upcoming "Watchmen" movie, based on contracts signed a considerable while ago. And it appears that they have a very good case indeed.

But do Fox really want to make a “Watchmen” film of their own? Do they want the money from the Warners “Watchmen” film? Do they want a cut? A payoff? Or just holding up a rival?

None of the above. Sources tell me that Fox want the 1960s Batman TV series. Currently Fox own the TV footage, but Warner Bros own the characters and trademarks, via their ownership of DC Comics. The rights to a DVD release have been held up for a long time now, and this case looks like it may be the instrument to release them.

Oh, Fox will get a wodge of cash as well - many millions of dollars it seems. But it seems they also want the rights to release the Adam West-starring Batman on DVD, something long denied fans of the series. And Warners will get the “Watchmen” film, to release as planned.

There were comic fans who threatened Fox boycotts over what they saw as their scuppering of the Watchmen movie. Looks like they may soon have cause to thank Fox for this action.
FUCK. YEAH!

It's about fucking time. While I'm not fond of the even slight possibility of a lawsuit holding up Watchmen, if this is what it takes to get Batman on DVD, I can forgive Fox. So long as the film comes out on time (or close to it).

So, Batman, Robin, Joker, and even you, Louie Perpantor, I look forward to seeing your goofier side soon.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Four of our forumites may be coming to DVD soon

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Hammering out a deal over the Batman TV show would behoove both parties. Why would Warner be sitting on it? They should know Fox would never give up the footage, so a 50/50 compromise where both parties earn buckets of money vs how much they are making off of it now ( which is bubkes) makes so much more sense to me.

Greedy fucking studios. My employer included.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
anarky

Post by anarky »

I wondered that myself. You know Fox would've loved to have released it to coincide with Batman Begins and Dark Knight. As Warner would have no direct involvement, all they had to do was say, "Y'know, Fox, since this is Batman, and we own the character, how about 3% of the profits?" If it bombs, Warner loses nothing. If not, hey, free money with no investment.

Stupidity.

I would not be surprised if Fox secretly has the series already ready-tp-go, in the hopes that this case clears up quickly (which, with Watchmen streeting in less than six months, will likely be the case) so they can rush it and have it on shelves the same day as The Dark Knight DVD.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Perpantor
bacon

Post by Perpantor »

NO!

MY MASTER PLAN TO SUPPRESS MY EARLY ADVENTURES IS IN JEOPARDY!!

COME, MY PURPLE ARMADA! WE MUST STOP THIS DVD FROM BEING RELEASED!!

purple_dragon[1].jpg
purple_dragon[1].jpg (41.73 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
PurplePirateGoodWeb[1].jpg
PurplePirateGoodWeb[1].jpg (21.72 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
The_Purple_Ninja_by_kuridoki2[1].jpg
The_Purple_Ninja_by_kuridoki2[1].jpg (43.05 KiB) Viewed 3119 times
THE DISCIPLES OF DOUCHE SHALL REIGN SUPREME!!
ALL HAIL DOUCHE!!
THIS I COMMAND!!
[/b][/color]
Road construction!! Woo!!!
Perpantor
bacon

Post by Perpantor »

THIS SITUATION CALLS FOR MORE FIREPOWER!!
joe_lo0014[1].jpg
joe_lo0014[1].jpg (22.54 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
1179310561[1].jpeg
1179310561[1].jpeg (11.67 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
428px-Shockwavearealldead[1].jpg
428px-Shockwavearealldead[1].jpg (133.2 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
WHO NEEDS FLOWER CHILDREN WHEN YOU'VE GOT SUCH BADASSITUDE IN ALL ITS PURPLE GLORY!!

YEAH, MOTHERFUCKERS! Y'ALL NIGGAS CAN'T FUCK WITH MOTHERFUCKING SHOCKWAVE, BITCHES!! OH HELL NO! YOU PUNK-ASSES ARE GOING DOWN!!

THOSE DVDS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY!! AND, JUST TO PISS EVERYONE OFF, NEITHER SHALL WATCHMEN!!

THE DISCIPLES OF DOUCHE SHALL REIGN SUPREME!!
ALL HAIL DOUCHE!!
THIS I COMMAND!!
[/b][/color]
Road construction!! Woo!!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

Where the fuck did you find a purple Viper?

Is that a new subgroup? The Pussy Vipers?
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

Hey, Vipers can be gay too man.
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

Get it done. Where is the line to give money to in order to get that Batman DVD?

Cobra Commander probably can't be that picky while recruiting his legions.
Batman
moderator terror squad reserve member

Post by Batman »

Excellent news... indeed.

While the Bat-Cave employs state-of-the-art Bat-Technology, we have no... DVD player. I will have Robin connect our record player to the Bat-TV, which I'm certain will yield the same... results.
:bats:
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

I wonder if they'd squeeze the whole series into one boxed-set, including the old 60's movie... if so, I MIGHT fork over for it. I don't get much of a kick out of those old shows anymore, but they were HUGE for me when I was really young.
"Something inside me....."
Ran

Post by Ran »

jjreason wrote:I wonder if they'd squeeze the whole series into one boxed-set, including the old 60's movie... if so, I MIGHT fork over for it. I don't get much of a kick out of those old shows anymore, but they were HUGE for me when I was really young.
I bought the movie from the $5 bin at Walmart.
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

jjreason wrote:I wonder if they'd squeeze the whole series into one boxed-set, including the old 60's movie... if so, I MIGHT fork over for it. I don't get much of a kick out of those old shows anymore, but they were HUGE for me when I was really young.

There were 120 half hour episodes. That would be one big-ass boxed set.

You'll probably see four sets of 30 episodes each. Or less, Fox will make that bitch for all it's worth...
Ran

Post by Ran »

Check this out. It isn't on amazon.

http://www.planetdvdstore.com/product.p ... ctid=38200
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'm a little iffy paying a lot for bootlegs of TV shows, though. If they're fucked up, you have no recourse. If it's $10, no big loss. Sixty is a bigger deal, though. And their "regular price" of $160, no fucking way would I even think of it.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I didn't catch the bootleg part.