MST3K’s 20th Anniversary Set

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Newsbot
Official anchor of the vynsane 5 o'clock news

MST3K’s 20th Anniversary Set

Post by Newsbot »

Code: Select all

An answer at last to the question that seems to plague every HercVault talkback!  Oct. 28 will bring:

* Four episodes new to DVD:
1) “First Spaceship on Venus”
2) “Laserblast”
3) “Werewolf” and
4) “Future War.”

* New interviews with Joel Hodgson, Mike Nelson, Trace Beaulieu, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett, J. Elvis Weinstein and Jim Mallon.

* Footage from the 20th anniversary reunion panel.

* Lobby cards and a Crow T. Robot figurine.

Look! Press release!

Limited Edition 4-DVD Box Set Includes Collectible Crow T. Robot Figurine and Lobby Cards
    Featuring Never-Before-Released MST3K Film Episodes:
    First Spaceship On Venus, Laserblast, Werewolf and Future War and All-New Bonus Content

AVAILBLE ON OCTOBER 28, 2008 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

Multiple Emmy®-nominated and Peabody Award-winning Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) is a true cult classic. Its high-camp rendition of B-movies from every genre to the small screen makes it one of the most memorable pop culture shows of our time. Brimming with laugh-out-loud commentaries from caustically hilarious space travelers Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson and their robot pals Crow T. Robot and Tom Servo, MST3K was a genuine phenomenon. Its popularity spawned an MST3K fan following that numbers over hundreds of thousands of fans world-wide.

Celebrating 20 years after MST3K’s premiere on television, the entire creative team reunites for the first time when Shout! Factory proudly presents its MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: 20th Anniversary Edition DVD box set on October 28, 2008. A sumptuous ode to this cult-classic series, the 20th Anniversary Edition DVD box set features four of the show’s most requested unreleased film episodes – First Spaceship on Venus, Laserblast, Werewolf and Future War, and boasts exclusive DVD bonus content that explore the genesis, life and afterlife of MST3K. Fans will thrill to watch all new interviews with the entire MST3K family– including Joel Hodgson, Jim Mallon, Trace Beaulieu, Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy, J. Elvis Weinstein, as well as footage from the 20th Anniversary Reunion panel and much more! Moreover, this lavishly packaged 4-DVD box set contains collectible lobby cards and a figurine of the world famous Crow T. Robot – all assembled in a collectible embossed tin and only available with the purchase of this DVD box set.

Earlier this year, Shout! Factory secured the worldwide home entertainment rights to a vast library of original MST3K episodes that have never-been-available on DVD or for digital download. The MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: 20th Anniversary Edition DVD box set is the first of a series of DVD box set from Shout! Factory, in association with Best Brains, Inc.

FIRST SPACESHIP ON VENUS
    In the 1960 sci-fi thriller First Spaceship On Venus, a mysterious magnetic spool found during a construction project is discovered to have originated from Venus. A rocket expedition to the mysterious cloudy planet is launched to discover the origin of the spool and the alien race that created it.

LASERBLAST
    In 1978’s Laserblast, young actor Kim Milford plays an ostracized teenager who stumbles upon the remains of murdered mutated alien in the California desert. Along with the alien’s remains, a high-tech laser gun and power source are accidentally left behind by the extraterrestrial murderers. While examining the equipment, the teen inadvertently mutates himself with a laserblast, and embarks upon a murderous rampage.

WEREWOLF
    1996 horror flick Werewolf begins with an archeological dig in an Arizona quarry. The Native Americans at the dig site recognize an unearthed skeleton as the remains of a werewolf, yet the team of archeologists are skeptical. When a dig assistant becomes infected and transforms into a werewolf, the ambitious team leader begins a horrific experiment, infecting the oblivious townspeople with the werewolf virus.

FUTURE WAR
    In 1997’s action-packed Future War, a race of evil cyborgs kidnap humans from Earth’s future to use as slaves, and take dinosaurs from the past to use as trackers. A determined slave, the “Runaway”, escapes and makes his way to present-day Los Angeles. There he must fend off the cyborgs and their trackers, the police, and the government, befriended by a prostitute-turned-nun who runs a halfway house.

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 series was created by Joel Hodgson and produced by Best Brains, Inc. After a year on KTMA TV in Minneapolis, its national broadcast life began in 1989 on the Comedy Channel (later to become Comedy Central), where it ran for seven seasons. The show’s final three seasons aired on the Sci-Fi Channel. The premise of the series features a hapless man who is trapped by mad scientists on a satellite in space and forced to watch old B-movies of questionable worth. To keep sane, he’s built two robot sidekicks, and together they do a running commentary on the films, affectionately mocking their flaws with inspired wisecracks and acting as a demented movie theater peanut gallery. Series creator Hodgson originally played the stranded man, Joel Robinson. When he left in 1993, series head writer Mike Nelson replaced him as the new B-movie victim Mike Nelson, and continued in the role for the rest of the show’s run. The format proved to be popular. During its eleven years and 198 episodes (including one feature film), MST3K attained a loyal fan base and critical acclaim. The series won a Peabody Award in 1993, and was nominated for writing Emmys® in 1994 and 1995.
Amazon pre-order link
Putting the broad back into broadcasting.
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: MST3K’s 20th Anniversary Set

Post by vynsane »

but still no MST3K: the movie??????? WHAT THE FUCK, MAN?????
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Diabolical
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Diabolical »

They reissued the movie on DVD in May.
Amazon
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

Diabolical wrote:They reissued the movie on DVD in May.
Amazon
how did i miss this???? i must be SLIPPING in my old age!!!!!
Life is short. STUNT IT!
RoIIo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by RoIIo Tomassi »

I know it's next to impossible to think they could make season sets, but I patiently await the day we have a chronological set of the episodes.

This show was, is, and will be forever hilarious.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!"
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I might check this out on Thursday.
The Return of the Turkey Day Marathon!

Do you miss the Turkey Day Marathons of yesteryear, when, loaded with tryptophan, you’d curl up on the
sofa with friends and family for a postprandial MST session? Well, you can relive the magic once again
with a special Web-only Turkey Day Marathon featuring
six classic episodes curated and hosted by Joel.

This streaming event will kick off on Thursday at 9
am PT / 12 noon ET on Thursday, November 28th
here at www.MST3KTurkeyDay.com. Fans who have suggestions for episodes they’d like to see included
are encouraged to tweet Joel (@JoelGHodgson) with
their votes.

On Turkey Day, MST-ies can join in on Twitter with the tag #mst3k. For updates on MST3K Turkey Day, follow @ShoutFactory and @JoelGHodgson, or enter your email address below.
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

:yeaha: Joel is Kickstarting a new series.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”

Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Oh.
My.
God.

The new Netflix series dropped this weekend. I watched the first seven minutes, but I'm holding off on the rest until I can watch it with my kids.
I feel a huge hole in my life that has been painfully empty for 18 years has been refilled.

"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”