Band of Brothers

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

UKWildcat
christopher walken

Re: Band of Brothers

Post by UKWildcat »

Never did receive one of those little BoB jeeps. :???:
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

My dad got The Pacific for Christmas and I borrowed it from him. It was pretty good, but it made me want to watch Band of Brothers again, so I started watching it today.

Watchng it again, I'm seeing tons of actors in minor bit parts. Simon Pegg is a Jeep Driver in an early episode. I saw Michael (Magneto) Fassbender's name in the credits of one, but had no idea who he played and didn't feel like rewatching it to spot him. I'm on the fourth episode and a young James McAvoy is one of the greenie replacement paratroopers. EDIT. McAvoy just got killed with a mortar round.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Tom Foolery
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Tom Foolery »

Rewatching this yet again.

It's been 16 years since this came out. Crazy.
"No Tom Foolery today, Ron. I'm tired of looking at your dreadful, speckled mug."
"Why do you hurt me in this way, Harry?"
”It’s a grid system motherfucker. Eleven up and one over, you simple bitch.”